Nexus One versus Motorola Droid

This is a discussion on Nexus One versus Motorola Droid within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by mach330 Originally Posted by ap3604 Differences that you have to decide on yourself: - Form factor (Thinner vs Keyboard) - Specs (a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nexus One versus Motorola Droid

Quote Originally Posted by mach330 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Differences that you have to decide on yourself:

- Form factor (Thinner vs Keyboard)
    - Specs (a lil bit better on the N1)
    - Updates (N1 gets updates immediately vs Droid having to wait for Verizon)
    - Network (Verizon better coverage overall but Im in SoCal and get amazing T-Mo 3g coverage, test it out for yourself and return if if not sufficient)
    - Price (Only $40 a month for T-Mo data plan vs $54 for Verizons)

I had a Iphone 3gs and I have to say that the N1 on T-Mo is a breath of fresh air for me since I am now with two companies (google and t-mo) that care about their customers, give them options, and don't try to control them.
    vzw unlimited data plan is $40/mo. not sure where you got the $54 from.

agreed..everyone will say n1 in this forum (i'm waiting for one as well). but the performance of a rooted droid and a n1 (i know..apples and oranges) is very similar. but i only bring up rooted droid because it's very easy to do. i'm impress with my wife's droid. i'm only holding out for the n1 (or incredible) because I don't need the physical keyboard which only brings extra thickness that i don't need.
    I'm paying $25 for my T-Mobile data and less again for my family plan than I would for Verizon's. I love T-Mobile. Never have dropped calls and have HSDPA 3g that I can't imagine being any slower than anything Verizon has. DL = 590/1247kbps, UL = 787/1317kbps vs WiFi of DL=1744/5554, UL=2100/2140

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mach330 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Differences that you have to decide on yourself:

- Form factor (Thinner vs Keyboard)
    - Specs (a lil bit better on the N1)
    - Updates (N1 gets updates immediately vs Droid having to wait for Verizon)
    - Network (Verizon better coverage overall but Im in SoCal and get amazing T-Mo 3g coverage, test it out for yourself and return if if not sufficient)
    - Price (Only $40 a month for T-Mo data plan vs $54 for Verizons)

I had a Iphone 3gs and I have to say that the N1 on T-Mo is a breath of fresh air for me since I am now with two companies (google and t-mo) that care about their customers, give them options, and don't try to control them.
    vzw unlimited data plan is $40/mo. not sure where you got the $54 from.

agreed..everyone will say n1 in this forum (i'm waiting for one as well). but the performance of a rooted droid and a n1 (i know..apples and oranges) is very similar. but i only bring up rooted droid because it's very easy to do. i'm impress with my wife's droid. i'm only holding out for the n1 (or incredible) because I don't need the physical keyboard which only brings extra thickness that i don't need.
    I'm paying $25 for my T-Mobile data and less again for my family plan than I would for Verizon's. I love T-Mobile. Never have dropped calls and have HSDPA 3g that I can't imagine being any slower than anything Verizon has. DL = 590/1247kbps, UL = 787/1317kbps vs WiFi of DL=1744/5554, UL=2100/2140

ooops..i meant $30/mo for vzw.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links