Nexus One versus Motorola Droid

This is a discussion on Nexus One versus Motorola Droid within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; My wife's contract has expired with Verizon. We want to stay with Verizon due to great coverage (rarely drop a call). My questions is whether ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One versus Motorola Droid

Junior Member overthehill_nexusone's Avatar

Nexus One versus Motorola Droid

My wife's contract has expired with Verizon. We want to stay with Verizon due to great coverage (rarely drop a call). My questions is whether we should go with the Motorola or the N1. She likes a keyboard which is offered on the Moto but not on the N1.

I looked at the Moto around the holidays and did not like the keyboard due to the flat keys. I was in the Verizon store yesterday and it seemed the key were slightly raised. Am I dreaming or was there a change in the keyboard?

Can anyone tell me why she should get the N1? I know the display is better but what other features are there that would a reason to buy the N1 since it does not have a keyboard (slide-out)?

Comments would be appreciated

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

N_1
    N1 slays the Droid in everyway. Think of a caterpillar turning into a butterfly. Hence the nexus one
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

The N1 blows the motodroid out of the water in terms of design and the feel of it. That being said, I don't like the motodroid's D-pad design, I much rather have the trackball it helps navigating much easier and smoother so to expect. Plus, the cpu speed on N1 is twice as fast than the droid. The droid is bulkier and heavier, I think. Just to name a few of what my opinion on N1. But I would suggest come the day the N1 arrive at VZ, get the feel of it and compare. Can't really appreciate the thinness of the N1 w/o picking it up and taking it for a ride. You be the judge...

Talking

Hi overthehill
    One of my friend own a Moto Droid and I’m now using the Nexus One.
    Both using Android OS and I had tried out my friend Moto Droid.
    It feel almost the same to operate the function beside the spec…
    What I think is, if your Wife “Die Die” (Must “in Singlish”) need a hardware Keyboard, than go for Moto Droid.
    If not necessary required, Get the hTC Google Nexus One and you will never go wrong!
    Best is bring your wife to the local shop and get her to hands on both sets and see which feel better on her hands…
    Cheers…!

Quote Originally Posted by N_1 View Post
    N1 slays the Droid in everyway. Think of a caterpillar turning into a butterfly. Hence the nexus one
    i wouldn't say everyway. i love the n1 and the droid. i do hate the keyboard which is why i'm waiting for the n1 for verizon. my wife has the droid and rooted and overclock, it's a very fast phone. it has everything that the n1 has as far as 2.1 features.

i think the droid vs n1 debate is really based on if you want a physical keyboard or not. if keyboard doesn't matter to you, then go with n1.

Quote Originally Posted by mach330 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N_1 View Post
    N1 slays the Droid in everyway. Think of a caterpillar turning into a butterfly. Hence the nexus
    ne
    i wouldn't say everyway. i love the n1 and the droid. i do hate the keyboard which is why i'm waiting for the n1 for verizon. my wife has the droid and rooted and overclock, it's a very fast phone. it has everything that the n1 has as far as 2.1 features.

i think the droid vs n1 debate is really based on if you want a physical keyboard or not. if keyboard doesn't matter to you, then go with n1.
    Yes!
    Agreed above mention by mach330

You came into a Nexus One forum, what would make you think that we like the Droid better? the 1ghz processor, design, Android 2.1 firmware already installed should win you over. Plus, everyone i know with the Moto Droid hate the camera quality, even though it is 5 mp, everyone has been un-impressed with the quality of the pictures that come from it. N1 wins.

Differences that you have to decide on yourself:

- Form factor (Thinner vs Keyboard)
    - Specs (a lil bit better on the N1)
    - Updates (N1 gets updates immediately vs Droid having to wait for Verizon)
    - Network (Verizon better coverage overall but Im in SoCal and get amazing T-Mo 3g coverage, test it out for yourself and return if if not sufficient)
    - Price (Only $40 a month for T-Mo data plan vs $54 for Verizons)

I had a Iphone 3gs and I have to say that the N1 on T-Mo is a breath of fresh air for me since I am now with two companies (google and t-mo) that care about their customers, give them options, and don't try to control them.

This is a useless thread. Everyone on this forum will say the Nexus One is better. Your basically going to the Apple Store and asking which is better, iPhone or Android?
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Differences that you have to decide on yourself:

- Form factor (Thinner vs Keyboard)
    - Specs (a lil bit better on the N1)
    - Updates (N1 gets updates immediately vs Droid having to wait for Verizon)
    - Network (Verizon better coverage overall but Im in SoCal and get amazing T-Mo 3g coverage, test it out for yourself and return if if not sufficient)
    - Price (Only $40 a month for T-Mo data plan vs $54 for Verizons)

I had a Iphone 3gs and I have to say that the N1 on T-Mo is a breath of fresh air for me since I am now with two companies (google and t-mo) that care about their customers, give them options, and don't try to control them.
    vzw unlimited data plan is $40/mo. not sure where you got the $54 from.

agreed..everyone will say n1 in this forum (i'm waiting for one as well). but the performance of a rooted droid and a n1 (i know..apples and oranges) is very similar. but i only bring up rooted droid because it's very easy to do. i'm impress with my wife's droid. i'm only holding out for the n1 (or incredible) because I don't need the physical keyboard which only brings extra thickness that i don't need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links