Are any of you into backpacking?

This is a discussion on Are any of you into backpacking? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I am curious if there are any of you who like to backpack and camp..not car camping where you can bring a small fridge but ...

Thread: Are any of you into backpacking?

Are any of you into backpacking?

I am curious if there are any of you who like to backpack and camp..not car camping where you can bring a small fridge but the type of hiking where you carry everything and do 5 to 10 miles a day for a week or more?

I bought the N1 to replace 4 devices I normally would carry on a hike, gaining me a significant weight savings. GPS, camera, e-book reader and cell phone. I am already liking the N1 better than my Garmin gps because of an app called Oruxmap which allows user defined maps to be saved to the N1 micro SD card for use with the GPS while offline. I can't believe this program is free.

The thing I am looking for now is a version of the Otterbox to ruggedize my N1. I emailed them and got a standard response of "we have received many requests for an N1 case and are looking into it", but I need one now My current solution is a case-mate gellicase inside a plastic flip open lid case I scavanged from a jewelers screwdriver kit. It does protect the N1 while in the backpack but looks very getto.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

why not just buy a regular otterbox and stick it in there? they make small ones roughly that size..

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links