Well...sending it back :(

This is a discussion on Well...sending it back :( within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by N_1 Originally Posted by keyplyr To stop the flux between 3g and EDGE: Go to phone > type *#*#4636#*#* then go to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well...sending it back :(

Quote Originally Posted by N_1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    To stop the flux between 3g and EDGE:

Go to phone > type *#*#4636#*#* then go to Phone Info and choose WCMA Only

This will keep you on 3g and works for most everyone in dense areas.
    Yea and no service when you dont. Edge really is not that bad people. Its much faster than Edge on "att sucks". I actually prefer edge during the day cause the battery lasts forever.
    Edge sucks when you're using maps, or looking for directions. The map doesn't load, and it always says Data connection lost, retrying.

That, or the browser takes 10 years, and sometimes doesn't load at all.

Well I live here in Las Vegas and going thru AT&T with my N1. I know I dont get 3G but the Edge is very quite fast.

No probs using Maps/Navigation. Now as for the Web pages.. that all depends on how graphic the webpage your going to is.. some can take a while and other are real fast.. also too of course if the website you go to dosent have a mobile version (which really loads fast) or the full blown version (which can take some time). Have not yet had a drop call.

Only reason going thru AT&T is that was the only place that had a Phone that my wife liked. So she is stuck at a 2 year conrtact.. as for me.. if I dont like AT&T (will gove it a few months) I can alwasy go and try Tmo.

So far really have not found anyone else here (forum wise) that has a N1 thru Tmo so cant really tell ya what the experience thru them is here in Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post
    Yeah, i hope so. Also hearing that people got theirs back and seems like nothing changed. Same issues.

I'm really hoping it gets fixed. ugh.
    Those without a change may be in a bad 3g area. You may be as well. It's possible that the tower you see out your window is Edge only.
    Nah it's a 3G tower. Been asking t-mo about it, and it shows on their coverage map.

Other t-mo phone next to it I have full 3g.

It's my only gripe about the phone, once that gets fixed, it will be flawless in my book.

I'm sending mine back for repair and also fear I get it back in the same state. I'm losing like -15dBm to -25dBm. Enough to loose 3G signal and EDGE most times.

Quote Originally Posted by hawon View Post
    I have very similar experience. Outside of my house have great 3G, as soon as i step into my house my 3G is gone and not working at alll... but I use wifi and whenever i'm on wifi i get full reception. i wonder if nexus one supports UMA or not-
    Yall must of got duds, I get 3G everywhere except in the basement of the hospital. I would send it back.

it's not a dud, the building may be interfering. i'm in nyc and in my apt, i dont get 3g, but everywhere else i do get 3g. my apt is surrounded by high rises, so all the concrete and steel interfere. add that to tmobile's spotty service, it's not a defective phone

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hawon View Post
    I have very similar experience. Outside of my house have great 3G, as soon as i step into my house my 3G is gone and not working at alll... but I use wifi and whenever i'm on wifi i get full reception. i wonder if nexus one supports UMA or not-
    Yall must of got duds, I get 3G everywhere except in the basement of the hospital. I would send it back.

it's not a dud, the building may be interfering. i'm in nyc and in my apt, i dont get 3g, but everywhere else i do get 3g. my apt is surrounded by high rises, so all the concrete and steel interfere. add that to tmobile's spotty service, it's not a defective phone
    I agree with you. In my apt I get 3 bars 3G. Holding it though cause it to drop to EDGE or no signal if set to 3G only. Why won't tmobile listen to their customers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links