upgrading phone on verizon

This is a discussion on upgrading phone on verizon within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; in about 3 weeks i will have a chance to upgrade my phone on verizon. will i be able to spend my upgrade on the ...

Thread: upgrading phone on verizon

upgrading phone on verizon

in about 3 weeks i will have a chance to upgrade my phone on verizon. will i be able to spend my upgrade on the nexus one since i am currently on a family plan? how much will the phone cost?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

IF the N1 is available on VZW by then, you should be able to get a subsidized upgrade. How this will be done, if consistent with how it was with TMo, will still be online. Cost has not been announced, nor has availability on VZW at this point.

so although tmobile doesnt get subsidized upgrades on the N1 , verizon will?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyc418 View Post
    in about 3 weeks i will have a chance to upgrade my phone on verizon. will i be able to spend my upgrade on the nexus one since i am currently on a family plan? how much will the phone cost?
    Three weeks, eh? That's nothing! Some people, including myself, have been waiting for over a quarter of a year for this thing to come out for Verizon! I mean waiting with an available upgrade.

TMo does offer subsidized upgrades. $529 free and clear; $179 subsidized.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    even for family plans?

If your talking about the Main line for the family plan, most likely you will be able to.

mah
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    even for family plans?
    I believe some people have reported success with getting it subsidized as offered by Google, then having T-Mo move it to the family plan. I don't have references since this didn't affect my unsubsidized purchase.

If you think about it though... why would Google care what kind of plan you get? This is up to the carrier to decide; Google gets their money either way; the carrier subsidizes you by paying Google the $529 (or whatever their negotiated rate is) and getting the money back from you over the next few years. I believe that the plan is fully up to the carrier -- Google might not provide a wide array of purchase options (in order to keep the process simple), but its the carrier that decides how to bill your monthly access.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links