Dont Buy The Dock From Google!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Dont Buy The Dock From Google!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; This thing is crap and a waste of $50. Whatever app your running at the time shuts down upon docking (And Im not plugging it ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dont Buy The Dock From Google!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont Buy The Dock From Google!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thing is crap and a waste of $50.

Whatever app your running at the time shuts down upon docking (And Im not plugging it in to the computer, I have wall charger plugged into it) Like oh how nice I have to restart Pandora, when I docked it to listen to it in stereo. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of speaker out?

A different home screen comes up that is not the normal one, so you have to unlock that one to get to home screen, you cant just press the lock/unlock button. So you have to press the lock/unlock button for the screen to show up, then you have to press this actual home button on the bottom right to get to the actual home screen to get the phone totally unlocked!!!!! TWO FREAK'N UNLOCKS!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS I want to use my phone, mean while you knocked it off the damn stand and you have to start all over!!!!!!!!!!!!! In this order ----->1. Dock, 2. Unlock, 3. Unlock again pressing Home Button, 4. Load Pandora, Groove shark or whatever, 5.Touched the phone the wrong, application shuts down (repeat steps 1-5) ! I cant tell you how f'ing dumb this is!!!!

The phone will fall out if you breath on it wrong. It has fallen off my nightstand IDK how many times. Now the dam thing is on the floor, how convenient right???

Screen will not turn off unless you manual hit the lock button on the phone.

It only supports RCA SD cabling for analog sound.

If you have a case, you have to take it off every time. What a f'ing pain in the ass.

What I do recommend is you either wait for a better one from a 3rd party or buy a nice monster cable audio plug and use the charger you got. At least it works all the time, charges, plays your music and you can talk blue tooth.

You might as why I put up with it? I can't return it and I'm determined to get my money's worth until something better comes out then I'm going to go "Office Space, printer style on it with the nearest sledge.

Please don't buy this piece of sh!t, save the money and go buy a bad ass case or fill you car up for a week with $45. I can think of a lot better used of money. Dont get suckered like me. I'm not exaggerating in any way, this is absolute garbage. I dont see how anyone could have better results. And to think, before I bought it I was thinking I could use it in my car for navigation stand. I had no idea what was coming in the mail i guess.
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Nicely presented

well you've convinced me
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Sorry to hear it worked out bad for you.

Yeah, I feel your pain... no way I could justify spending $45 on a piece of plastic that doesn't even have a place to charge your extra batteries...

I ended up getting the Mobi cradle off of Amazon for $15 + $3 shipping. I ordered it because it has a slot to charge your spare batteries at the same time that you charge your phone. I'll keep you updated with my thoughts on if it is worth the $18 when I get it in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielSon88 View Post
    Nicely presented
    Thanks I wish someone would have done this for me, so I hope to save people a lot of money combined. Its just junk I tell you, please dont buy it. I have lots of patience for tech, that is why I still use it, but its worthless even if it was $5.00

You know when you buy a case for your phone and it sucks, then the thought goes through your head? Well what the hell do I do with it now? Its that kinda feeling. I hate having worthless tech laying around. However if I just smashed it now, that would be the same as burning a Nice USS Grant Bill in the trash. Not worth it. Just don't buy it in the first place. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by N_1 View Post
    Nicely presented
    Thanks I wish someone would have done this for me, so I hope to save people a lot of money combined. Its just junk I tell you, please dont buy it. I have lots of patience for tech, that is why I still use it, but its worthless even if it was $5.00

You know when you buy a case for your phone and it sucks, then the thought goes through your head? Well what the hell do I do with it now? Its that kinda feeling. I hate having worthless tech laying around. However if I just smashed it now, that would be the same as burning a Nice USS Grant Bill in the trash. Not worth it. Just don't buy it in the first place. Problem solved.
    Huh? aren't you just going return it for a refund?

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N_1 View Post
    Nicely presented

Huh? aren't you just going return it for a refund?
    I tried, there is no way to return it, anyways I posted this to warn people about purchasing, not to debate if I should return it. I lost my money, don't loose yours.

The only thing I like about the dock is it's using the gold contacts. So there is no pushing the phone to the USB port like other dock you can find on ebay.

I do have a few times the phone got frozen after I removed the phone from the dock.

The "other" home screen is actually the Clock app.

I bought it with American Express. I can return to amex for full refund within 3 months.

That dock should've been a part of the Google phone accessories. Greedy mofos.

I'll give you $25 for it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links