Question- can I use a "gmail" account (thats not gmail...)

This is a discussion on Question- can I use a "gmail" account (thats not gmail...) within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I know that sounds odd. Obviously ______@gmail.com addresses will work with the N1 perfectly. I have an ____@cornell.edu , but its gmail with a Cornell ...

Thread: Question- can I use a "gmail" account (thats not gmail...)

Question- can I use a "gmail" account (thats not gmail...)

I know that sounds odd. Obviously ______@gmail.com addresses will work with the N1 perfectly. I have an ____@cornell.edu, but its gmail with a Cornell skin on it, and @cornell.edu tag, and called "cmail". Check it out at cmail.cornell.edu.

I CANNOT logon at gmail.com.

I don't have the N1 yet but will as soon as it gets to vz.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by khaos View Post
    I know that sounds odd. Obviously ______@gmail.com addresses will work with the N1 perfectly. I have an ____@cornell.edu, but its gmail with a Cornell skin on it, and @cornell.edu tag, and called "cmail". Check it out at cmail.cornell.edu.

I CANNOT logon at gmail.com.

I don't have the N1 yet but will as soon as it gets to vz.
    Yes you can! I use my own domain with gmail as the host. It works GREAT.

mah
    My domain is hosted by Google as well... but it seems to me that I had to use my @gmail.com account as the primary, and then I could add a secondary account (@mydomain.com). Once the setup is complete, It just works.

Thanks for the responses. The only concern I have left is that I don't have the primary account- cornell does. Cornell just assigned me _____@cornell.edu. If I just use the pop3 will it integrate and do everything itself? Thats my only major hang up with getting the N1 right now (and its not much of a hang up at that!)

Cornell is using Google Apps for Domains..

I'm using my N1 with a Google Apps for Domains account as well.

just sign in using your cornell creds..

cxm
    Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    My domain is hosted by Google as well... but it seems to me that I had to use my @gmail.com account as the primary, and then I could add a secondary account (@mydomain.com). Once the setup is complete, It just works.
    I set my phone up initially using my google apps email rather than gmail - I just had to associate the apps email address in my google account first

Not sure if you can sign IN with that account, but if you sign into your gmail account, you can set up POP3 or whatever type of forwarding with your cornell.edu in the settings portion of your Gmail.

If you set it up to forward your Cornell emails, you will get them normally through gmail, and can have it set to reply as cornell.edu instead of your gmail.com account.

hope that makes sense?
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

IT makes sense it just seems so clumsy to set up a gmail account to get my gmail. My Cornell mail looks identical to gmail and is basically the same thing, just wherever there would be a gmail logo there is a cornell logo except at the bottom it says "powered by google" or something. Whatever thanks for the help. When Verizon gets a Nexus one I'll figure it out then I guess.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links