Can I manually dial out thru GV?

This is a discussion on Can I manually dial out thru GV? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi, I got the nexus one and I have GV asking me everytime I make a call. It works great, when I pick from the ...

Thread: Can I manually dial out thru GV?

Can I manually dial out thru GV?

Hi,
    I got the nexus one and I have GV asking me everytime I make a call. It works great, when I pick from the contacts list.
    But when I want to manually dial a number it goes thru the normal way.

Is there a way on the nexus one to manually dial thru GV?

Regards

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by reapur View Post
    Hi,
    I got the nexus one and I have GV asking me everytime I make a call. It works great, when I pick from the contacts list.
    But when I want to manually dial a number it goes thru the normal way.

Is there a way on the nexus one to manually dial thru GV?

Regards
    Long press on the wallpaper and wait for a popup to come up. Select Shortcuts and scroll down to the bottom where it says Toggle Google Voice. Press it and you will have a Shortcut to Toggle Google Voice on/off, select international call only or do not use Google Voice to call. When you have GV to make ALL calls, then even manual calls on the dial pad will go thorugh GV. When you Long Press on the Wallpaper, make sure there is room on the screen to put an Icon.

Thank you. Man, I searched and searched and looked all over the phone. Thanks for sharing the tip. Although I do wish they had better integration of GV. Like a long press on a contact should give us the ability to choose GV. I'm not sure how to fix the dialpad GV integration tho

Quote Originally Posted by reapur View Post
    Thank you. Man, I searched and searched and looked all over the phone. Thanks for sharing the tip. Although I do wish they had better integration of GV. Like a long press on a contact should give us the ability to choose GV. I'm not sure how to fix the dialpad GV integration tho
    In one of the choices you can select, it is ASK ON EVERY CALL, if you select this, it will ask you every call you make whether you use GV or Regular. IF that's what you want it does have it. GV is awesome, in my business I do a lot of calling overseas, so this function allows me to no longer use those hated calling cards to make calls.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links