How data hungry is Nexus One?

This is a discussion on How data hungry is Nexus One? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I will be getting my N1 tomorrow and will be transferring from a Nokia E71. I was on a 50mb 3g limit with my provider ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How data hungry is Nexus One?

How data hungry is Nexus One?

I will be getting my N1 tomorrow and will be transferring from a Nokia E71. I was on a 50mb 3g limit with my provider but only seemed to use about 20mb per month. Should I up my usage allocation? Is the N1 likely to use much more? The next step up is 250mb per month for an extra $3.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by robt772000 View Post
    I will be getting my N1 tomorrow and will be transferring from a Nokia E71. I was on a 50mb 3g limit with my provider but only seemed to use about 20mb per month. Should I up my usage allocation? Is the N1 likely to use much more? The next step up is 250mb per month for an extra $3.
    Hi and welcome, Im waiting on my Nexus also, arrives at 3pm tomorrow!!
    I would presonally upgrade to the 250mb. Its only an extra $3/month and you wont have to worry about staying within 50mb. I think you'd use more than 50mb/month personally.

Are you using AT&T?

I agree with Nowski. If possible more data is better. Just because you don't wanna have to try to count your usage, or even worse, be smacked with a MASSIVE bill for data you went over without knowing.

I think unlimited data is actually best so you don't have to even worry about usage.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Mate we have no AT&T down here. I am with 3 in Australia so I can check my usage.

Its hard to tell you without knowing what you'll be using the phone for.

As a matter of fact, you yourself may not know what you'll be using this phone for once you get it. Your first month usage with the N1 I'd assume would be pretty high since you're going to download apps and test out a bunch of stuff to see what you like.

I guess the best way is to monitor how much you do the first month, and adjust accordingly.

Oh a Aussy!

Well, if you have to pay by MB or can only afford a certain amount, then thats probably fine. Being able to check usage is work, but if you have to, you have to.

Its pretty easy to find WIFI anywhere these days, so if you aren't planning on using data on the go constantly it should be fine.

Personally, I'm permanently signed on lots of accounts so i'm using data almost 24/7. One of the reasons I need unlimited. :P
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

20Mb a month? You could easily go over that in a day if you were to (say) use Maps on the go.

i just checked how much I've used, I've managed to pull down about 480megs in the 2 weeks since I got it. Fortunately I have unlimited data, and my provider haven't called me up to complain about fair usage.

With normal usage it seems to use about 10megs a day easily. With HSDPA it's easy to download at 3+mbit and forget about download limits :S

My only conern is that I'm being sent abroad for 2 months, and I don't think my company will shell out the cash for that much data :S

Then you can either leave roaming data disabled, or have them shell out for a 'local' SIM that lets you use data at a sensible rate.

I average 4.8gb/mo with my Droid....No tether.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links