Has anyone tried the Tether Android?

This is a discussion on Has anyone tried the Tether Android? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; If this works for me, it will be well worth the 572 I spent on this phone other than entertainment purposes. I am tempted to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried the Tether Android?

Talking Has anyone tried the Tether Android?

If this works for me, it will be well worth the 572 I spent on this phone other than entertainment purposes. I am tempted to go back to my office at 12:45 am just to bring it home to test.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Havent tried it, but it is possible, there is even special app for it on the market

after rooting i got the wireless tether in the marketplace and works perfectly!

I got PDAnet to work well with 3G or EDGE connection tethered to laptop. Can connect either USB or Bluetooth dial up. Solid performance

I just tried Tether Android and I love it..I mean freakin LOVE IT...Tony Montana LOVE. You can Use USB, BLUETOOTH. And best of all it was free. I hope it is not one of those where they will cut it off and make us pay. The ones on the market are paid apps..after trial period is over.

Do you have to root your Nexus in order to tether?

No that is the beauty of it!! I want to root mine at some point, but I am a chicken....From what I have read, after you root, you are responsible for significant updates downloading to your phone and I am just too busy and then too lazy to keep up with it all...LOL so I just patiently wait on little treats like this to come along. Now rooters have had tethering all along and some non-rooters just paid for the app. I like to take full advantage of the open market myself.

Sorry for the giddiness guys LOL. I live out here in the middle of nowhere so this is so sweet. I dont blame the phone or tmobile...they will get to us soon. We were last to get cable and last to be able to buy alcoholic beverages on Sundays......

Quote Originally Posted by cbroberts2010 View Post
    Sorry for the giddiness guys LOL. I live out here in the middle of nowhere so this is so sweet. I dont blame the phone or tmobile...they will get to us soon. We were last to get cable and last to be able to buy alcoholic beverages on Sundays......
    Whats the name of the app that you downloaded? I can't find it in the market.

I Followed the instructions from the top of the page on this forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links