nexus one and sleeping mode

This is a discussion on nexus one and sleeping mode within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi When using google map with GPS on, I prefer the Nexus One not go into sleeping mode like it does now A maximum time ...

Thread: nexus one and sleeping mode

nexus one and sleeping mode

Hi

When using google map with GPS on, I prefer the Nexus One not go into sleeping mode like it does now

A maximum time out for N1 getting in to sleep mode can be set is 30 minutes.
    Is there anyway to set it to never?
    or it is better to have a option that when using GPS, the phone not go in to sleep mode?

Any suggest?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well there's Screebl (light version is free) in the Android Market. It keeps the screen from timing out using the N1's orientation feature, but you need to move the phone every several seconds to utilize this. Having the phone fixed in place, as with a car navigation function, would not work.

Quote Originally Posted by k66473 View Post
    Hi

When using google map with GPS on, I prefer the Nexus One not go into sleeping mode like it does now

A maximum time out for N1 getting in to sleep mode can be set is 30 minutes.
    Is there anyway to set it to never?
    or it is better to have a option that when using GPS, the phone not go in to sleep mode?

Any suggest?
    The maps program will go to sleep, but if you use Navigation, your phone shouldn't go to sleep. I made a 10 hour trip a while back using the maps navigation and the phone didn't go to sleep the entire trip.

Couldyou please clear what navigation you are reffering to.

I just start using N1 so I do not understand clearly what navigation you are referring to.

I try to use Car Home with Navigation menu but N1 still go to sleep as well.

I just start using N1 so I do not understand clearly what navigation you are referring to.

I try to use Car Home with Navigation menu but N1 still go to sleep as well.
    You can either get to the Navigation from the Maps application, or Car Home.

If you are using car home, select navigate, fill in the "to" address and tap "Go" to get the written directions. Tap "Navigate" to get the driving directions and you are all set. Your phone should not go to sleep during the trip. To save battery life, you can turn the screen off and the voice directions will continue. For longer trips, you can use a car charger.

N_1
    This is odd, I have never had the phone go into sleep mode during nav and I dont even have this program. Whenever I am in nav the screen always stays bright and shiny for me to see where the hell I am going. It must be a phone setting, u should not need a program to fix this cause I dont have one.
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

Hello.

I'm the author of Screebl Lite and Pro. Actually, Screebl should NOT require any kind of persistent movement to keep the screen on. In fact, I have my phone propped up on a book next to my computer now, with Screebl keeping the screen on.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Well there's Screebl (light version is free) in the Android Market. It keeps the screen from timing out using the N1's orientation feature, but you need to move the phone every several seconds to utilize this. Having the phone fixed in place, as with a car navigation function, would not work.

N_1
    Quote Originally Posted by keyesdav View Post
    Hello.

I'm the author of Screebl Lite and Pro. Actually, Screebl should NOT require any kind of persistent movement to keep the screen on. In fact, I have my phone propped up on a book next to my computer now, with Screebl keeping the screen on.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    This is not needed for the N1, for the My Touch, yes its a needed app. The n1 fixes this problem through 2.1, something that 2.0 does not have.
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

I found in the setting-app-dev an option that during charge, sleep mode is disabled.
    Maybe it is the solution for me now

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links