Adding a facebook to a contact

This is a discussion on Adding a facebook to a contact within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Alright, so not all of my friends have their phone numbers listed on facebook (which I am assuming is how the N1 syncs the contact ...

Thread: Adding a facebook to a contact

Adding a facebook to a contact

Alright, so not all of my friends have their phone numbers listed on facebook (which I am assuming is how the N1 syncs the contact list with it). However, for a few of my good friends that DO have facebooks, I wanted to add their facebook to their name in my phonebook. Does that make sense?

So basically I have them in my contact list, but FB isn't syncing because they don't have their phone numbers listed with FB. So is there a way to add their facebook account to their contact info in the N1???

Thanks for any help! :D

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Make sure their first and last names match. If they match, your phone put the two together.

For example, I had to add the last names of all my contacts in order for the phone to sync it with facebook.

Hope this helps.

you can also chose to link them on your own. while in view contact press menu then follow prompts
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

A little more detail, since it wasn't obvious to me until somebody here showed me how to do it.

Assume the facebook and contact names don't match and you have two instances of the same contact (facebook or whatever).

Open the main contact you want to use. Menu - Edit Contact.
    Once you are in the editing screen, hit Menu again, and choose Join. It will bring you to your list of contacts, showing you some suggestions or you can choose to show your whole contact list. Choose the contact, and now it will mix all the info appropriately.

Thank you guys so much for your help! Adding the last names totally worked--in my old phone I had just had everyone saved by their first names. I'm going to try the other suggestions too! Thanks!

is there a way to manually add a facebook account to the contact. i have someone people that have completely random facebook accounts that don't match my contact info. can i just add their facebook name manually?

Does anyone know if it's possible to join your OWN facebook account with a contact of YOURSELF?

I know it sounds stupid, but I actually have my own name and phone numbers in my contact list. I add info and phone numbers (such as my office fax #) to the contact entry so i don't have to memorize everything.

But when I click on JOIN, I don't see my own facebook profile.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links