Thinking about sending back phone and getting a new one

This is a discussion on Thinking about sending back phone and getting a new one within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; What are my options, order another phone, get it, activate it, then send my old one back for a refund, or send my phone into ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about sending back phone and getting a new one

Thinking about sending back phone and getting a new one

What are my options, order another phone, get it, activate it, then send my old one back for a refund, or send my phone into HTC to for repairs?

Do they actually repair and fix the problems or just give you a refurb like apple usually does? I bought a new phone and want a new phone in return not a broken fixed one.
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by N_1 View Post
    What are my options, order another phone, get it, activate it, then send my old one back for a refund, or send my phone into HTC to for repairs?

Do they actually repair and fix the problems or just give you a refurb like apple usually does? I bought a new phone and want a new phone in return not a broken fixed one.
    I believe for 'turn around time' HTC will usually send which ever is quicker.

Your best bet would be to instruct them that you want your original phone back, however I don't think that will 100% guarantee you will, but it will improve the odds.

How long do I have for a 100% refund option? 30 days? What happens after that? I am only 15 days into my phone. Im sending it back cause I don't like my 3g coverage when i hold my phone at the bottom and the touch screen is not accurate, always having to retype stuff.

If your looking to get a 100% refund, I believe there was somewhere on this forum where there was a restocking fee charge.

If you want a repair / replacement, then it maybe shipping cost.

But what if its broken? Im looking for a clear answer here, I want more 3g coverage when holding phone at the base, and I want a more responsive touch screen, not missing keys all the time when I know I pressed them. I know these are two problems that can get fixed by repairing or replacing.

But what if its broken? Im looking for a clear answer here, I want more 3g coverage when holding phone at the base, and I want a more responsive touch screen, not missing keys all the time when I know I pressed them. I know these are two problems that can get fixed by repairing or replacing.
    Your best bet...

Outline your concerns to HTC and see what they will do for you.

Do you know who to call I cant find a Nexus one Number for them, its not even on their site.

I also forgot to mention there is horrible static in many of my calls. Not acceptable.

Do you know who to call I cant find a Nexus one Number for them, its not even on their site.

About HTC - Contact Us

Ok not sending the phone back, did a factory reset, called google and talked to tech, gave me some pointers on the touch screen, said they are all really sensitive and they are sensitive to the micro meter. Loosing 3G i fixed by holding the phone horizontally with left hand instead of right. And my static went away after the reset. So anyone having similar issues, try a reset. Takes 2 minutes. Versus 2 weeks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links