I bought my Nexus One Monday, got it Tuesday night, got a T-Mobile plan yesterday, and have played with it since then through today. One thing I am having issues with is this:

I also got the desktop dock, and I have it plugged in, sitting on the corner of my desk next to my bed. When I set the Nexus One in the dock, the Clock app stays on for what seems like 10 minutes, then goes to a screen saver and stays on this screen saver forever unless I hit the power button, push a button on the Nexus One, or take the phone out of the dock. While I don't necessarily mind this, I cannot get my trackball notifications to flash while the Clock is open, or the screensaver is on. The only time the trackball flashes is when I hit the power button to turn the screen off.

What I want is to have the trackball flash to notify me of any messages I have when I wake up, and I'd also like to see the time (if it comes down to one or the other, I'd rather have the trackball flash). I have checked every setting and adjusted them accordingly so that the phone should go to sleep, but when it is in the dock it won't. What am I missing?

This is a stock Nexus One, although I plan on rooting this weekend.