google voice, no love?

This is a discussion on google voice, no love? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I requested a google voice account probably a week ago and have received no response... I assume that they aren't releasing any further invites for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: google voice, no love?

google voice, no love?

I requested a google voice account probably a week ago and have received no response...

I assume that they aren't releasing any further invites for now even though i'm dying to have one. Is there any other way to get google voice? Can other people invite you or does it have to be google? I guess i'll wait if i have to but using minutes to listen to my voicemails angers me.

any help?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have one invite left. What is your email, I will invite you.

N_1
    Google voice is horrible, the transcription from speech to text is sub par and the messages are jumbled and sometimes in the wrong order. I have a friend named Ashley, every time she leaves a messages it says I have voice mail from "Steve Austin"
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

mah
    I've generally had very good results with the transcription.

I did have one rather horrible transcription though... always a good idea to listen to the wav and decide for yourself if anything is important in your message. A friend called to tell me that another friend's father had died. The message (actual recording) said "Todd's dad. He died this morning." The transcription said "Todd's dead. He died this morning." Fortunately after I was done being shook up, I listened to the recording and learned the truth.

From my experience with Google Voice, it all depends on who is leaving the messages. I would say about 80% of my voicemails are perfectly fine, and the other 20% have some sort of problem. But, I have heard of others having much worse luck than me with GV, so I don't claim that my results are the norm. But I would at least try out Google Voice if possible, in theory it is a great idea, and I am sure with time Google will perfect it.

N_1
    I have tired it for two weeks and just dropped it like a bad habit two days ago, since then I have installed T-Mob visual voice mail and works so much better. The clarity and ability to delete those annoying messages with ease is un deniable the best voice mail program out there for people who don't want to dial there SP for voice mail. Mabey in a year or two when GV gets better I will try it again though for the benefit of the doubt of possible improvement. Plus its nice not to have google in control of ever aspect of my calls, who is calling me and their phone numbers. T-mob has enough of that info.

Quote Originally Posted by N_1 View Post
    I have tired it for two weeks and just dropped it like a bad habit two days ago, since then I have installed T-Mob visual voice mail and works so much better. The clarity and ability to delete those annoying messages with ease is un deniable the best voice mail program out there for people who don't want to dial there SP for voice mail. Mabey in a year or two when GV gets better I will try it again though for the benefit of the doubt of possible improvement. Plus its nice not to have google in control of ever aspect of my calls, who is calling me and their phone numbers. T-mob has enough of that info.
    I am hopefully getting Visual Voicemail set up tonight, I have to call T-Mobile after work. Google Voice doesn't work for me, since I somehow got a flexpay plan with my new T-Mobile plan. I wish I had known that it doesn't work with flexpay beforehand, because I got an amazing Google Voice phone number to use with my Nexus One, lol.

N_1
    Quote Originally Posted by drsutphin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N_1 View Post
    I am hopefully getting Visual Voicemail set up tonight, I have to call T-Mobile after work. Google Voice doesn't work for me, since I somehow got a flexpay plan with my new T-Mobile plan. I wish I had known that it doesn't work with flexpay beforehand, because I got an amazing Google Voice phone number to use with my Nexus One, lol.
    Honestly you are not missing anything, you will really like Tmob visual voice mail, easy to use, and can delete unwanted callers messages without even listening to them wasting your time with their bs.

Quote Originally Posted by russtnail View Post
    I requested a google voice account probably a week ago and have received no response...
    My Google Voice account just showed up soon after I set up my N1; there was no alert from Google, I was able to choose a local phone number and I didn't have to wait.

In terms of quality, the recording sounds like any other voice mail recording. Transcriptions are amusing.

In terms of dispatching flexibility, it's interesting, more flexible than I really need.

Thanks for all the opinions. Just got and invite thanks to drsutphin. I'll check it out for sure. I wasn't expecting the transcriptions to really be all that great anyway. Just pretty interested in the service and won't mind being able to see my voicemails and delete them without going to them. I'll let you know how it works out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links