verizon: nexus one or incredible?

This is a discussion on verizon: nexus one or incredible? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; now that the specs for the incredible have been released "with a half GB of RAM, 320MB of which is available which, as Engadget points ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: verizon: nexus one or incredible?

verizon: nexus one or incredible?

now that the specs for the incredible have been released

"with a half GB of RAM, 320MB of which is available which, as Engadget points out is about the same as the Nexus One, an 8 megapixel camera and a Snapdragon processor running at 768Mhrz."

if you had the chance to pick between the incredible and nexus one, which would you chose?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't like the sense ui so the n1 wins for me.other than that about the same except for nicer camera that I rarely use.its looking like a really nice phone as far as specs go I don't think I like the looks as much
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

N_1
    Easy the N_1. Why? No contract, fast 3G and no $130 phone bills a month.
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

130 phone bills? do you mean with verizon? i have a contract with verizon so either way i will need to stick with them. im just not sure which phone to get. N1 has a faster processor, but the incredible has a better camera and more ram right?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyc418 View Post
    130 phone bills? do you mean with verizon? i have a contract with verizon so either way i will need to stick with them. im just not sure which phone to get. N1 has a faster processor, but the incredible has a better camera and more ram right?
    I have a different set of specs.

Rumored specs of the HTC Incredible include:

1 GHz Snapdragon processor QSD8650
    3.7 inch AMOLED screen WVGA resolution
    6 GB ROM, 512 1 GB RAM
    8 MP camera with dual LED flash and AF
    Android 2.1 with Sense UI
    Optical track pad
    1300 mAh battery
    Shipping with 8GB MicroSDHC card
    FM Tuner
    Dimensions: 117.5 mm (L) x 58.5 mm (w) x 11.9 mm (T) (stats complements of aam)

Looks like the incredible is wining in some specs. Though, hands down, the n1 wins as far as aesthetics goes, which plays a big part for me. To b blunt, the incredible is a pretty ugly phone.

The Incredible's snapdragon processor has apparently been "underclocked" from 1Ghz to 768Mhz in an attempt to save battery life.

The contract argument is moot, you can buy any phone without a contract for the unsubsidized price (usually $500-600). Most voice+data+text plans through Verizon are going to start at around $80/month and only go higher. (Comparable T-mobile pricing is about $60/month, but this thread is about Verizon).

Incredible
    -All black with red highlights, kinda chunky shape
    -Sense UI
    -Ships with 8GB instead of 4GB
    -8MP camera
    -Can be bought in stores instead of solely through google

Nexus One
    -Gunmetal gray with black highlights, smooth/sleak shape
    -No Sense
    -4GB at ship (i think)
    -5MP camera
    -Only buyable through google.com

I'm having the same problem trying to decide which to go with. I'm leaning towards the N1 since it looks 100% better, has the faster processor and has much faster updates where Verizon takes forever to bring theirs out but I'm sure after rooting the incredible the processor will be the same since its under clocked

I'm hoping to get the Nexus One on March 23rd, but if I can't get it on a family plan with a one-year contract, then I'll have to reconsider.

N_1
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyc418 View Post
    Yea to have anything close to a good balanced plan with Verizon is $130 or more. Talk text and droid data plan. Tmob unlimited everything $79.99

Lets be real here that phone looks like a pile of junk they put together with some spare parts and sprayed it with bed liner.
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

The Incredible processor gets underclocked lol
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links