Nexus One on ATT

This is a discussion on Nexus One on ATT within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I am planning on buying the nexus one unlocked and using it on AT&T network. I have heard that 3G does not work properly and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One on ATT

Nexus One on ATT

I am planning on buying the nexus one unlocked and using it on AT&T network. I have heard that 3G does not work properly and it utilizes EDGE. Have they updated anything yet so that 3G works? I also am considering just using wifi and not buying a $30 a month data plan. I heard about an app that can make sure that no data is used, has it been tested thoroughly? Does it work well?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by st0rmbrkr View Post
    I am planning on buying the nexus one unlocked and using it on AT&T network. I have heard that 3G does not work properly and it utilizes EDGE. Have they updated anything yet so that 3G works? I also am considering just using wifi and not buying a $30 a month data plan. I heard about an app that can make sure that no data is used, has it been tested thoroughly? Does it work well?
    There is no way for the phone currently to be used on AT&T 3g only EDGE.
    However the plan on AT&T on EDGE is cheaper than $30. No matter what you should be paying for data on your phone even if you only use wi-fi. The good thing is that its cheaper than regular 3g on AT&T but is slower

What if I do not want to pay extra at all, is there any way to avoid that?

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...e-network.html

I read something on there saying I could bypass it.

I use apndroid to disable data plan. Its in the market somewhere

If your not going to be using a data plan than why are you concerned about 3G?

Well I was concerned about 3G because I thought it helped with call quality and service.

I have what you are considering (see to the left) and when I went in to AT$T to make sure the plan was right they said it was fine and it was just like my iphone (previous phone) which was $30 per month for DATA and $10 add a line family.

SUCKS cause I don't use it much and it is only EDGE and wouldn't be able to use it much even if I wanted to.

N_1
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

Just call att and ask them to do a data block on your line.

Alright thanks for all the answers. I think i might opt for the blocking of the data by ATT or the media net sounds like something I should research. Do you think the phone is worth the $529 price tag? Should I not even consider buying it without the data plan?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links