HELP! - I can't delete images in gallery from Drop Box folder

This is a discussion on HELP! - I can't delete images in gallery from Drop Box folder within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I bought my Nexus One from a friend. Before I even inserted a micro SD card it already had 8 pictures in the photo gallery. ...

Thread: HELP! - I can't delete images in gallery from Drop Box folder

Exclamation HELP! - I can't delete images in gallery from Drop Box folder

I bought my Nexus One from a friend. Before I even inserted a micro SD card it already had 8 pictures in the photo gallery. The folder title for the gallery says "Drop Box". The problem is, I want to delete these images but the phone does not give me the usual "delete" option as it does with other photos and images in the gallery. Can anyone tell what these images are and how to DELETE them? Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

It appears Drop Box is a app. You may want to speak to your friend to find out if there is administrative write / delete privileges needed.

Quote Originally Posted by hov215 View Post
    I bought my Nexus One from a friend. Before I even inserted a micro SD card it already had 8 pictures in the photo gallery. The folder title for the gallery says "Drop Box". The problem is, I want to delete these images but the phone does not give me the usual "delete" option as it does with other photos and images in the gallery. Can anyone tell what these images are and how to DELETE them? Thanks.
    Do you have a Picasa web account that you are syncing with? Drop box is all the pics that you take on the N1 that you upload to Picasa will be dropped there. From there you can move it around online to another folder of your choosing. If you don't want to have that, goto

Settings/Accounts & sync
    Whatever your main account you use
    You should see: Sync Calendar/Sync Picasa Web Album/Sync Contacts/Sync Gmail: All of them should be checked
    Uncheck the Picasa Web

and that should remove your drop box.
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    Do you have a Picasa web account that you are syncing with? Drop box is all the pics that you take on the N1 that you upload to Picasa will be dropped there. From there you can move it around online to another folder of your choosing. If you don't want to have that, goto

Settings/Accounts & sync
    You should see: Sync Calendar/Sync Picasa Web Album/Sync Contacts/Sync Gmail: All of them should be checked
    Uncheck the Picasa Web

I went to the accounts/sync section and all I saw was "Facebook" and "Gmail" checked. I didn't have any other account options to choose. I didn't see a Picasa Web area. Is there any other way to do it? I think the person that owned the phone before me may have added these before I got the phone.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post

Settings/Accounts & sync
    Uncheck the Picasa Web

I figured it out. It was like you said. I had a Picasa Web account through my gmail account that I was not aware of. I went into my account online and search picasa and saw all of these images. They are now deleted. Thanks for you help.

I went to the accounts/sync section and all I saw was "Facebook" and "Gmail" checked. I didn't have any other account options to choose. I didn't see a Picasa Web area. Is there any other way to do it? I think the person that owned the phone before me may have added these before I got the phone.
    When you touch Gmail, it doesn't bring up another menu with more choices like Gmail/contacts/Calendar, and possibly Picasa?

In that case, what I would suggest since buying it off someone, is first, did he Root your phone? If he didn't then take it back to Factory Settings.

To do that:

Goto Settings
    Privacy
    Factory Data reset

Then you will have the phone as if it was brand spanking new!

That should get rid of the remnants of picasa web from someone else
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool! Glad to help!

I figured it out. It was like you said. I had a Picasa Web account through my gmail account that I was not aware of. I went into my account online and search picasa and saw all of these images. They are now deleted. Thanks for you help.
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Ads