Automatically Erase Notifications

This is a discussion on Automatically Erase Notifications within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi everyone, I just got my Nexus One 2 days ago and I love it. I used to have a HTC HD, but this one ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Automatically Erase Notifications

Automatically Erase Notifications

Hi everyone,

I just got my Nexus One 2 days ago and I love it. I used to have a HTC HD, but this one is so much better!!!!
    Anyway, I was wondering if there was any way to get rid of the notifications on the top once you look at your email or sms. I really don't like going up there and having to CLEAR the this every time, since in winmo they got rid of the notice when you looked at the mail/sms.

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Doesn't it clear when you open the app?

Umm, usually once you check the message/email in your application it should clear the notification automatically.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Doesn't it clear when you open the app?

Umm, usually once you check the message/email in your application it should clear the notification automatically.
    I'm playing around with it a bit and I think I know why it's doing it.
    I usually use the Email app instead of the Gmail app, so I think it's not recognizing that I looked at it. Is there any way to disable the Gmail app or set the default app?

Curious ... are you using the notification to reach the email or sms? or are you first going to the gmail/messaging app? If you use the notification, it takes you directly to the message and then clears it at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Curious ... are you using the notification to reach the email or sms? or are you first going to the gmail/messaging app? If you use the notification, it takes you directly to the message and then clears it at the same time.
    I'm going to the app first, since it's a habit of mine from the winmo. I guess I could go to the notification first... Gotta get used to it.
    But is there any way to not have the Gmail icon pop up. Since I use the Email app I would like it if the Email notification came up instead of the Gmail.
    And the Messege app since I use the Handcent app instead.

Quote Originally Posted by kohari1 View Post
    I'm going to the app first, since it's a habit of mine from the winmo. I guess I could go to the notification first... Gotta get used to it.
    But is there any way to not have the Gmail icon pop up. Since I use the Email app I would like it if the Email notification came up instead of the Gmail.
    The notification dropdown is there to make it easier!

Thats why I wasn't sure if they auto closed, cos I'm used to using the dropdown notification bar.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I guess I should just not the the Email app and just stick with the Gmail app then.
    I like the Handcent app, but when I use the notification bar to go to my sms, the notification still stays there. I think it's because I have the default sms app set to Handcent. Anyone know how to get rid of this?

I guess I should just not the the Email app and just stick with the Gmail app then.
    I like the Handcent app, but when I use the notification bar to go to my sms, the notification still stays there. I think it's because I have the default sms app set to Handcent. Anyone know how to get rid of this?
    You can turn the notifications off for both the Gmail app and stock messaging app.

Quote Originally Posted by xkillerbx View Post
    You can turn the notifications off for both the Gmail app and stock messaging app.
    Sorry, I must be an idiot. Where can I turn off the notifications?
    Thanks.

Go to the app, Settings > Notifications > Auto-retrieve

Turn that off on both. I am doing this from memory, so if that isn't the exact name of the settings for each, I apologize

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links