Just about to pull the trigger... but...

This is a discussion on Just about to pull the trigger... but... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey all, I've been reading up on the N1 for a few weeks now and I'm just about ready to pull the trigger. 400+ is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just about to pull the trigger... but...

Just about to pull the trigger... but...

Hey all, I've been reading up on the N1 for a few weeks now and I'm just about ready to pull the trigger. 400+ is a fair chunk of money to spend on a phone though, so I've got a couple of questions before I finally commit to buying one.

Firstly, are there any apps like Nokia Sports Tracker on the N-series of Nokia phones? I use NST on an N95 and love it, I don't really want to be without a GPS-tracking application if I can avoid it.

Secondly, I've read about various problems with 3G reception and an inability to see the screen in daylight, is it really as bad as people say or is it an exaggeration. I guess point 2 falls in with point 1, as I use my N95 on a pushbike, and if the screen is difficult to see - it defeats the point of a GPS tracking app for use on a bike!

Thirdly, I have an old HTC Touch Pro phone, which has a standard HTC AC to USB charger, is this the same as the charger in the N1 (ie just plug the USB dock cable into the USB port on the charger to charge through AC). If so, I can delete the AC charger option on the checkout, if not - can anyone post up a pic of it. Ideally UK market but I guess either will be ok.

I progressed through the check out a bit earlier to the point where I had to press the final button, but chickened out - being that the weekend is here, I probably won't buy now until Monday at the earliest, so there's a bit of time for my mind to be made up!

Thanks for reading

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I had a hard time seeing the screen in the sun once...then I put the brightness on full and didn't have a problem.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

N_1
    Not a nokia guy, however there is a great GPS utility built in w/google maps, the screen is hard to see in daylight unless you have the brightness on the second or third notch. 3G coverage is really based on how much signal is in your area. I can cover the bottom of the phone with both hands in a good area and have 5 bars of 3g, or I can do the same in a different area with low coverage and it drops to Edge.
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

Pull the trigger!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You always have 14 days to return the phone for a full refund if it doesnt work for you... no real reason not to at least try it.

The 3G issues being experienced are American related I believe. I'm coming from an n95 8gb and I don't notice a difference in 3g reception. Its still very good.

There is also an app called Google scoreboard and plenty other sports apparently that you can use to keep track of sports scores and plenty more.

I say pull the trigger. The only 2 things you will miss are the nokias battery life & the speakers when playing music using the loudspeakers.

KTP
    pull the damn trigger! I fracking love my N1.

If you want a gps mapping app, get Oruxmap. I can't believe this is a free app, it is so very cool. It lets you load in ANY map into the micro SD card on the N1 and then it can track your position, waypoints, tracks, etc. using pure sat gps (no need to be in range of cell tower, wifi, etc.). I have already used it in the back country with some USGS contour maps and it worked flawlessly (and I didn't even have a SIM card in my phone at the time).

Trigger confirmed pulled!!

Now begins the waiting game... USA to UK in a week or so?

Quote Originally Posted by T5Dave View Post
    Trigger confirmed pulled!!

Now begins the waiting game... USA to UK in a week or so?
    Congrats! The waiting game is just as nerve racking as pulling the trigger. Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

well, it's gonna be next week now - it's a UK bank holiday tomorrow, then the weekend, then a bank holiday on the Monday. Of course, DHL don't work any of them... not fun

It's at East Midlands now, after a clearance delay, it's now "scheduled to move" and has been since 10am this morning. I can't see it moving from EMA until at the very earliest Tuesday, which means a Wednesday delivery... that royally and completely sucks big floppy donkey schlong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links