My iPhone mistake....

This is a discussion on My iPhone mistake.... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Okay, I admit it I got wishy washy and decided that I was going get a new iPhone and sell my Nexus One. I know, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My iPhone mistake....

My iPhone mistake....

Okay, I admit it I got wishy washy and decided that I was going get a new iPhone and sell my Nexus One. I know, I know. I love my N1 but I was really missing my iPhone. So a couple of days ago I bought a new iPhone off Craigslist, brought it home and hooked it up and discovered I had stupidly bought one on firmware 5.12.01 and it is not unlockable, bummer but my mistake. Second day I purchased another iPhone, got it home only to discover that the screen had been replaced and there were other functions that didn't work. What do you think....the big Android is telling me to pull my head out and take a breath?? So now $800 later I am re-committing myself to my N1 and letting go of my iPhone obsession and make some listings on ebay.

Things I have learned: the keyboard on the iPhone is was superior to N1 so I need to keep looking for a better keyboard app.The speaker on the iPhone is way better than the N1.The contact shortcut on the N1 is awesome and the iPhone has nothing like this. N1 has the easy ability to run applications in the background and you have to get an app for iPhone for this and it still doesn't work as well. All in all imo the N1 is still the winner it's just a better all round phone. If Google could just make a better keyboard and upgrade their ringer. I am sure there is more but we all know them and don't need to bore anyone.

20 lashes with the wet noodle.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome back from the darkside. Now you must be punished.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

LoL thats insane brotha... $800?! good lord that makes me want to puke just reading it

At least you made the right choice in the end though

Key board isn't that bad.. give it a couple days and you'll adapt to it.
    R.I.P.

Rooted and flashed as of March 11, 2010

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

Trust me I almost puked typing it, but I should be able to recoup most of it on ebay. I think my punishment for my behavior is the $800 dip in my account. I have actually been using my N1 since it came out and have not adjusted to the keyboard yet. Someday I will find a keyboard I like. Any suggestions?

Try the HTC_IME Hi-Res on the xda forums. The developer got most of the bugs fixed and has added some great features.

Quote Originally Posted by rgrmatt69 View Post
    Try the HTC_IME Hi-Res on the xda forums. The developer got most of the bugs fixed and has added some great features.
    Do I need to be rooted for this?

Quote Originally Posted by mswolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rgrmatt69 View Post
    Do I need to be rooted for this?
    Nope

[APP MOD] HTC_IME Keyboard (11th March: hihres v15, lowres v4) Incl. source code - xda-developers

Thanks that keyboard works great!

I tried the keyboard but it just doesn't wanna install.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links