If I understand correct why ever pay $529 for so called "unlocked" N1? Major Loophole

This is a discussion on If I understand correct why ever pay $529 for so called "unlocked" N1? Major Loophole within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Kblakeshot Google is not as smart as some of you people think Dude...they are right next to Stanford and hand pick u/grad ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If I understand correct why ever pay $529 for so called "unlocked" N1? Major Loophole

Quote Originally Posted by Kblakeshot View Post
    Google is not as smart as some of you people think
    Dude...they are right next to Stanford and hand pick u/grad engineers/MBAs from there and some ivies. Doesn't get much smarter than that. There's a method to their madness, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblakeshot View Post
    Why would anyone EVER pay the $529 price for the "no contract" price? Because both Nexus One versions are "unlocked", just one doesnt come with the contract with T-Mobile.

So why not buy a Nexus One on contract then pay the Equipment Recovery Fee?

New T-Mobile Customers would pay $179 for phone + a $150 Equipment Recovery Fee + No T-Mobile fee if canceled within the "buyer's remorse" period = $329 with no contract

Existing T-Mobile Customers would pay $279 for phone + a $50 Equipment Recovery Fee + No T-Mobile fee if canceled within the "buyer's remorse" period = $329 with no contract

This is a no brainer for me. I will be getting my $329 Nexus One on no contract tomorrow. What idiots Google are for not seeing that loophole.

And if you are one of the people that need proof that my theory would indeed work follow the official terms of canceling via Google's own site:

Canceling your T-Mobile service : Returns and warranty - Nexus One Help

You have to return the phone once you cancel everything.
    So, I don't see what the advantage is in your strategy.

Here's a better question: If you like this company and their products so much, why are you trying to rip them off?

The phone costs $530, buy it or don't. Even if you found a "loophole" all you'd be doing is discouraging the company from future products and raising the prices for the rest of us.

whatever the OP pays for the N1 whether with his "no brainer" plan $329 or full price $530, "not so smart" Google WILL still get your money. It costs Google/HTC $174.15 not including labor to make ONE handset of our phones.

http://www.isuppli.com/News/Pages/Google-Nexus-One-Carries-$17415-Materials-Cost-iSuppli-Teardown-Reveals.aspx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links