Switching Audio Output

This is a discussion on Switching Audio Output within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So I've looked on the Market, and searched here and XDA, and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. What I want to do ...

Thread: Switching Audio Output

Switching Audio Output

So I've looked on the Market, and searched here and XDA, and can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

What I want to do is be able to quickly switch the audio output source. For instance, I've got my stereo bluetooth headset connected, but I want to be able to toggle the output, say from speaker to bluetooth and vice versa. Right now, I'd have to connect/disconnect the bluetooth headphones manually.

In the stock phone app you can easily switch between speaker, bluetooth and the phone speaker easily, without disconnecting bluetooth.

Maybe it's just late and I'm missing something obvious Any ideas??

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I too am looking for this, or even a hack which changes audio output priority. I'd like to be able to send music from my N1 to my car stereo while using my BT headset for calls. I was able to do this with my blackberry. I'd like to be able to do this with my N1

Quote Originally Posted by technojunkie View Post
    I too am looking for this, or even a hack which changes audio output priority. I'd like to be able to send music from my N1 to my car stereo while using my BT headset for calls. I was able to do this with my blackberry. I'd like to be able to do this with my N1
    I'm assuming you have a BT connection to your car and for audio and phone calls. If you want to use your headset instead, longpress the car's connection in Bluetooth settings and uncheck phone audio. You should be able to connection your headset for phone calls after that.

No, sorry let me clarify, I'm using the headphone jack for my car stereo. Once my BT headset connects the phone quits sending audio to the headphone out.

*edit* I figured it out I had to uncheck media from the options for my BT headset. Thanks for the pointer. It seems that this could aid in your request. A widget could be made for the home screen that toggles this setting. I'll look into what it would take.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links