So I just went to the car audio store...

This is a discussion on So I just went to the car audio store... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I wanted to find a car deck that I would hook my n1 up to via USB or blue tooth and stream music from it. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I just went to the car audio store...

So I just went to the car audio store...

I wanted to find a car deck that I would hook my n1 up to via USB or blue tooth and stream music from it. I left empty handed. We tried everything, pairing the n1 via blue tooth to the unit, which it did, however would not stream music. Then we changed the source to usb, or audio in, it just plain would not play music from the n1 through the deck to the speakers via usb. The only way it would play music is with the line in using the 3.5mm plug on the n1.

Question 1: Is blue tooth streaming an option with the n1

Question 2: Does anyone have there n1 hooked up to their car via usb and can get it to change and play music through it to the cars speakers.

Question 3: What am I doing wrong?
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

All I can say is that yes bluetooth music streaming does work on the N1. It works via the dock but I know the phone itself works because I can stream music to my computer speakers straight from the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen293 View Post
    All I can say is that yes bluetooth music streaming does work on the N1. It works via the dock but I know the phone itself works because I can stream music to my computer speakers straight from the phone.
    What is the point of that?? Isnt the music already on your computer for the most part? I need the music to get from the n1 to the car speakers either bluetooth or usb. Does the n1 have bluetooth streaming ?
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

It works....i stream to speakers in various rooms of my house.have not tried car audio yet.

Quote Originally Posted by N_1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen293 View Post
    What is the point of that?? Isnt the music already on your computer for the most part? I need the music to get from the n1 to the car speakers either bluetooth or usb. Does the n1 have bluetooth streaming ?
    Yea my point was that it does support BT music streaming. And the point of streaming music from your phone to your computer? I would've said remotely controlling what music you want to play on your computer thats hooked up to better speakers. But that's a lot of "what-if" scenarios and frankly I like my tuneremote to remotely control the music I have on my computer.

Might want to make sure those HU support music streaming and not just BT for using your phone handsfree

This is what I use and it's cheap and works well:
    FRYS.com*|*DP Video

It has a usb port also, but never tried to mount it yet, but plays mp3s off flash drives. Calls sound good on the other end as well. Also has an SD card slot to play more mp3s.

I have streamed to a Parrot Party (portable BT stereo speakers) and it worked fine, got a hiccup or two after about 10 mins but it could have been radio interference.

I have a JVC AVX-44 Chameleon. All features you request work flawlessly including bluetooth streaming, USB connection and bluetooth hands-free calling.

JVC MOBILE ENTERTAINMENT | KD-AVX44 - TOP (Europe)

http://support.jvc.com/consumer/prod...lId=MODL028306 (United States)

i have a pioneer touchscreen dvd deck and my n1 works. the problem you may have with the usb is that some car decks require the same make usb cord to function properly. for instance i could hook up a regular usb cord from my deck and control my ipod but i couldnt play videos. i HAVE to get the pioneer usb cord for me to play videos on my deck. you may be running into the same problem when trying to connect to usb to certain car decks.
    :nexusx: USMC:nexusx: 2003 OIF Veteran :nexusx: Recovering crackberry addict :nexusx: New addiction to Nexus-tasy
    RoOtEd wiTh AmOn Ra ReCoVeRy -
    RoDrIgUeZsTyLe @ FroYo MCR R16 MOD V1-5 rom -
    Froyo Radio Image (32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7) - .34]intersectRaven's Kernel CFS 925 (Hybrid AVS *

JVC cd/dvd player, unsure of exact model, but anyway it is bluetooth and I stream to it. Phone stays in pocket, I get in car, I push play and phone streams. I turn car off it stops streaming and saves my battery.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links