HTC Incredible vs. Nexus One

This is a discussion on HTC Incredible vs. Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; If you're like me, you're a devout Verizon customer and have been waiting patiently for their version of N1, rumored to release on Mar. 23rd. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HTC Incredible vs. Nexus One

Junior Member Phydeaux_nexusone's Avatar

Question HTC Incredible vs. Nexus One

If you're like me, you're a devout Verizon customer and have been waiting patiently for their version of N1, rumored to release on Mar. 23rd.
    In the mean time, you've been browsing the various android fansites looking for info and have been hearing more and more about the HTC Incredible due to release around the same time.

Here are the numbers for comparisons sake:

1Ghz Snapdragon processor (QSD8650) (underclocked to 768MHz) (245 Mhz at idle)
    RAM - 512 MB (320 usable...like N1...more to become available with OS update)
    ROM - 6.6-6.8 GB writable phone storage
    8 MP camera (Dual flash and AF)
    Android 2.1
    Sense UI (w/ Friendstream)
    Optical track pad (vs. "ball")
    3.7"
    AMOLED screen
    WVGA resolution
    1300 MaH battery
    FM Tuner
    802.11 b/g
    Dimensions: 117.5mm x 58.5mm x 11.9mm (vs. 119mm x 59.8mm x 11.5mm for N1)
    No 720p recording
    No multitouch BUG as found in N1

(props to Anonimac @ AF, from whom I blatantly stole this list.)

Unlike the N1, this phone will be supported by Verizon and sold in their stores.
    To those of you who are waiting for the Verizon N1, does this phone make you reconsider?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

yeah but it will take months for os updates to be available on this phone. also the n1 has one of the largest hacking communities for any phone so you can do anything to it (port sense). the n1 is supposed to be getting an update sometime around april. nothing major but supposedly supposed make switching home screens smoother and some other things. I also like the n1 trackball b/c i don't think a trackpad or trackball are useful for navigation, but at least the trackball has notifications. Both are great but i'm defiantly getting the nexus one.

I have my money ready to order the Nexus One hopefully on March 23rd, but if I can't get it on a family plan with a one year contract, I'll probably end up getting the Incredible instead. I'd rather have stock android 2.1, and the Nexus One will probably get updates first (I wouldn't be surprised if it was the first to get flash). The tackball is nice for notifications, and I might actually use to navigate when I'm tired of smudging up the screen, although I've never used an optical trackpad so I can't say it would be better or worse. Also, Incredible just sounds ridiculous, are their next phones going to be the Awesome/Perfect/Fantastic? Actually, I'd buy the HTC Awesome, and when people ask me what it is, I'd go with the full name, "Oh, this is my High Tech Computer Awesome." In comparison, I don't really mind the name, Nexus One, it doesn't sound good or bad to me, and I think the phone itself looks a lot nicer than the Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
    If you're like me, you're a devout Verizon customer and have been waiting patiently for their version of N1, rumored to release on Mar. 23rd.
    In the mean time, you've been browsing the various android fansites looking for info and have been hearing more and more about the HTC Incredible due to release around the same time.

Here are the numbers for comparisons sake:

1Ghz Snapdragon processor (QSD8650) (underclocked to 768MHz) (245 Mhz at idle)
    RAM - 512 MB (320 usable...like N1...more to become available with OS update)
    ROM - 6.6-6.8 GB writable phone storage
    8 MP camera (Dual flash and AF)
    Android 2.1
    Sense UI (w/ Friendstream)
    Optical track pad (vs. "ball")
    3.7"
    AMOLED screen
    WVGA resolution
    1300 MaH battery
    FM Tuner
    802.11 b/g
    Dimensions: 117.5mm x 58.5mm x 11.9mm (vs. 119mm x 59.8mm x 11.5mm for N1)
    No 720p recording
    No multitouch BUG as found in N1

(props to Anonimac @ AF, from whom I blatantly stole this list.)

Unlike the N1, this phone will be supported by Verizon and sold in their stores.
    To those of you who are waiting for the Verizon N1, does this phone make you reconsider?
    FWIW...Anonimac changed the specs yesterday. The processor is no longer underclocked according to contributor Stericson who ran a device dump on another Incredible test device. Stericson also happens to be the same source for the other specs that were quoted in Anonimac's post, including the on-board storage.

Why won't this phone have the multitouch bug?
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Why won't this phone have the multitouch bug?
    I believe the bug is hardware-related, Incredible uses a different screen.

Sources please?
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've been thinking more about it, and I am undecided. I dislike Sense UI, but I've heard you can disable it in the phone's settings. Which (if any) features in android 2.1 are specific to the Nexus One, like the 3D app launcher and live wallpapers etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Sources please?
    Do you live under a rock?

Throwing fuel on the Nexus One and Motorola Droid multitouch fire | Android Central
    Neowin.net - Nexus One has a major multitouch problem
    Is multitouch broken on the Nexus One? Sort of… – Android and Me

Google engineer, Dianna Hackborn, has responded to the issue in the Android Developer Group, and it doesn't sound too good. She explains how the Droid (which doesn't have the problem) and Nexus One have different hardware sensors, causing them to react to touch differently. It's unclear if a software update would be able to rectify the issue. But, from what Hackborn says, it seems unlikely.
    It's no secret that android devs had had issues with multitouch on the N1, we also know it's not a software issue (works fine on Droid).

Thank you Alphawave. How do you know that the Incredible will not use the Clearpad 2000?
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links