Touchscreen issues (poll)

This is a discussion on Touchscreen issues (poll) within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; How many of you have had touchscreen issues with the N1, and how much of a problem has it been?...

View Poll Results: What Do you think of the Theme

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cool ?

    4 57.14%
  • Ok

    0 0%
  • Crap ?

    3 42.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Touchscreen issues (poll)

  1. #1
    Junior Member n1man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1

    Touchscreen issues (poll)

    How many of you have had touchscreen issues with the N1, and how much of a problem has it been?

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Senior Member Bishop6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    937

    Red face

    Very minor issues sometimes...

    For the moment, I can live with it, (nothing man-made is perfect).

  4. #3
    Senior Member Iggy82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    206
    I would have written 'minor' because I've learnt to live with it and its easy to remedy; by simply locking & unlocking. The reason I wrote major is because this a real bug that needs to be dealt with properly.

    Specifically, I'm talking about incorrect touch input on the lower half of the screen. For example, the users input is interpretted about 1cm lower than you actually input, this is quickly fixed by lock & unlock.

  5. #4
    Senior Member bobbyphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    159
    I voted no issue. It took my a couple of days, but after I learned exactly how and where to touch, I have no problems at all. I don't consider missed touches, or wrong letters while typing, touchscreen issues. That is more of a user issue to me. Once you know the characteristics of the screen you should have no problems.

  6. #5
    Android Lurker maris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    0
    I had a small incident of touchscreen problems when I first got my phone, but I believe it was caused by a software conflict. When I removed some of the programs I piled onto the phone, it went away and has not returned. Since then I am careful to only download a couple new programs at a time so I can pinpoint any new issues that may pop up. So far, so good. I probably should have said no issues, but clicked minor.

  7. #6
    Junior Member Lucas_VZLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    27
    Major touchscreen issues (would not have bought N1 had I know about them)

    6 out 10 times that i'm texting or writing emails the keyboard is just annoying like if i press the letter p is like pressing home and things like that.. any recommendations on how to fix or at least improve this issue ??

    thanks!

  8. #7
    Senior Member Bishop6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_VZLA View Post
    Major touchscreen issues (would not have bought N1 had I know about them)

    6 out 10 times that i'm texting or writing emails the keyboard is just annoying like if i press the letter p is like pressing home and things like that.. any recommendations on how to fix or at least improve this issue ??

    thanks!
    Maybe you can try 'swipe' as an alternate keyboard message app.

    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...d-nexus-5.html

  9. #8
    Junior Member Lucas_VZLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_VZLA View Post
    Major touchscreen issues (would not have bought N1 had I know about them)

    6 out 10 times that i'm texting or writing emails the keyboard is just annoying like if i press the letter p is like pressing home and things like that.. any recommendations on how to fix or at least improve this issue ??

    thanks!
    Maybe you can try 'swipe' as an alternate keyboard message app.

    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...d-nexus-5.html
    do i need to be rooted for this??

  10. #9
    Senior Member ezeddiekun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_VZLA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_VZLA View Post
    Major touchscreen issues (would not have bought N1 had I know about them)

    6 out 10 times that i'm texting or writing emails the keyboard is just annoying like if i press the letter p is like pressing home and things like that.. any recommendations on how to fix or at least improve this issue ??

    thanks!
    Maybe you can try 'swipe' as an alternate keyboard message app.

    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...d-nexus-5.html
    do i need to be rooted for this??
    Nope just install the .apk using Astro or some other file explorer app.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  11. #10
    Junior Member Lucas_VZLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_VZLA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post

    Maybe you can try 'swipe' as an alternate keyboard message app.

    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...d-nexus-5.html
    do i need to be rooted for this??
    Nope just install the .apk using Astro or some other file explorer app.
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum