N1 to use in Europe...will it work?

This is a discussion on N1 to use in Europe...will it work? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I Have a Nexus one - unlocked - no contract - with T-Mobile. Can I use my phone in Italy, France and Switzerland? If so, ...

Thread: N1 to use in Europe...will it work?

N1 to use in Europe...will it work?

I Have a Nexus one - unlocked - no contract - with T-Mobile. Can I use my phone in Italy, France and Switzerland? If so, how? I really want to use it more for the aps and internet and directions more than phone calls...it doesn't even make or receive a call here in the US 80 percent of the time!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i live in spain. and works great.
    no reason why it shouldn't work in those countries.
    You have 2 options, use your SIM card that you have right now in the US while in europe and pay high roaming fees, OR, get a SIM card while in europe and recharge the phone whenver you need it.

as far as internet, make sure you setup your APN settings correctly once you get to europe so you can connect to the internet. the apn settings depend on the carrier you choose for when buying the SIM card.

I live in Portugal and Nexus1 works perfectly. Just to add a little more I have NOT had any of the problems some members mention in this forum...

sim card

Thanks...I will buy the card there...but I will need to find out how to get the internet working. Is one carrier better than another...any suggestions ? I am technically challenged!

Quote Originally Posted by marzano4u View Post
    Thanks...I will buy the card there...but I will need to find out how to get the internet working. Is one carrier better than another...any suggestions ? I am technically challenged!
    It all depends if you are looking for high speed for downloading... 3G would be the way to go, however not all countries 3G is compatible with the Nexus.

If you just want internet connection Edge or GPRS (slower than 3G) will do.
    This will be more compatible with 99.9% of countries within the world.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links