Need clarification on installing apps to sd

This is a discussion on Need clarification on installing apps to sd within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; My Nexus One is rooted but still running the stock rom with amon ra's recovery image and the makin bacon addon. I am in no ...

Thread: Need clarification on installing apps to sd

Junior Member lessthanthreetrance's Avatar

Need clarification on installing apps to sd

My Nexus One is rooted but still running the stock rom with amon ra's recovery image and the makin bacon addon. I am in no way computer proficient, but I excel at following directions.

I want to be able to install applications on my microsd, but am unable to find a good guide to it. I am unsure if its a process, or an application; or if it even works without using a custom rom. Any direction to how to get it working would be wonderful. I'd prefer to stay on the stock rom, if possible. Thank you.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i'm still waiting on the vzw n1 but i hear that cyanogen mod is that much quicker then the stock rom. plus you can rotate 360 degrees, have trackball colors, change color and transparency of notification bar ect.

im not sure about this issue, however i think u simply dont need this app2sd since it will just slow down your apps and cause more force closures. This phone can handle a large amount of apps....and frankly apps are a click away in the market....i doubt u need a 100 apps at every second of the day.
    just my opinion tho!
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Actually, I would like to stay on the stock rom because the Google apps it comes with (navigation, backing up contacts to gmail, market, facebook and gmail contact syncing, voice) are essential; unless I am wrong and I can use those apps with Cynogenmod too?

And the N1 does have a great deal amount of storage space for apps, but there are some apps that are huge, such the homerun game and Google Earth, which account for over 25% of available storage space alone.

Also, I just looked up the latest version of Cyanogenmod (V5.0.4.1), and it says there is no app2sd:

* NO APPS2SD. I've implemented a hack that will store the dalvik-cache of system apps in /cache, which saves you ~40MB on /data. A better APPS2SD system is being worked on by Chris Soyars

yea true.
    just to clarify Cyanogene's ROM supports all stock Google apps without a problem and there is a file you simply need to instal after u get the new ROM and you will have all the stock google apps.
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by lessthanthreetrance View Post
    Actually, I would like to stay on the stock rom because the Google apps it comes with (navigation, backing up contacts to gmail, market, facebook and gmail contact syncing, voice) are essential; unless I am wrong and I can use those apps with Cynogenmod too?

And the N1 does have a great deal amount of storage space for apps, but there are some apps that are huge, such the homerun game and Google Earth, which account for over 25% of available storage space alone.
    Contact syncing works fine as long as you put in the same gmail account you use. That won't go away, Google Voice also links with your main gmail account. Market, facebook, all work fine on Cyanogen. Cyanogen gives you 50% more space so 25% for those big games and apps you want will be more than sufficient.
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links