Does Innocase II protect the screen?

This is a discussion on Does Innocase II protect the screen? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Does the Innocase II protect the front screen? Is it raised higher to protect the screen if the phone were to be dropped on it's ...

Thread: Does Innocase II protect the screen?

Does Innocase II protect the screen?

Does the Innocase II protect the front screen? Is it raised higher to protect the screen if the phone were to be dropped on it's face? Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

ill let you know this week when mine arrives in the mail, i got one on my iphone 3gs and it stops screen from touching if you lay face down on counter so im hoping it does something similiar for the N1. I also hope it helps prevent the broken screen in the pocket i have heard about. On my iphone 3gs it barely makes the phone thicker.

not really. sure it's raised a bit around the screen, but unless your phone falls on a perfectly flat surface, chances are the screen will make contact.

i highly recommend using a good screen protector along with the innocase 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ra990 View Post
    not really. sure it's raised a bit around the screen, but unless your phone falls on a perfectly flat surface, chances are the screen will make contact.

i highly recommend using a good screen protector along with the innocase 2.
    What is a good screen protector?

Anything that is similar to the Zagg type shields that have that "military grade" protection. Those really are impossible to scratch or even cut. I had to use a razor blade on one in the past and even struggled then to cut the thing. Also, the self-healing properties are not hype. I have scratched the thing before and they seem to disappear in a day or two.

I had my previous phone covered for over two years with it, so I've had plenty of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ra990 View Post
    Anything that is similar to the Zagg type shields that have that "military grade" protection. Those really are impossible to scratch or even cut. I had to use a razor blade on one in the past and even struggled then to cut the thing. Also, the self-healing properties are not hype. I have scratched the thing before and they seem to disappear in a day or two.

I had my previous phone covered for over two years with it, so I've had plenty of experience.

Would this prevent cracks as well? Im assuming no

No, the fact is if your phone falls face down on an uneven surface, no kind of screen protector will help. They will prevent scratches, sure...but they are all soft and flexible...ultimately not capable of preventing things from actually breaking the glass. I'm sure they reduce the risk of cracking the screen, but probably not by much.

I just recently cracked my Nexus One, it didn't have a screen protector, it is a shame since the phone was expensive and the repairs are probably gonna cost around 200 dollars!

I really something to protect this phone, can't afford to crack this again!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links