Cracked glass

This is a discussion on Cracked glass within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; sure i agree that it's my fault. i wasn't try to say otherwise although i find it very troubling that so many people have had ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cracked glass

sure i agree that it's my fault. i wasn't try to say otherwise although i find it very troubling that so many people have had similar issues and in the 2.5 years i had my iphone in the same pockets this never happened. i was merely asking what my options were for repair.

also, the crack hasn't gotten worse and the digitizer and amoled are still functioning 100%.

KTP
    I have been terrified of cracking the glass on my N1 so have been searching far and wide for a decent case with some rigid support. Currently I have a casemate gellicase on it and keep that inside a padded nylon pouch which I *do* put in my front jeans pocket (not tight jeans though). What I want is a rigid (but somewhat thin) plastic shell that will prevent the gellicase + N1 from flexing while sitting down with it in the jeans pocket. Something like an Otterbox, which doesn't exist yet for the N1.

I am actuallly considering machining my own shell out of delrin as I have a cnc machine capable of doing this. A pain in the butt since there should be a company already making this. (and I don't consider the casemate toughcase to be nearly enough rigidity to protect the screen from flex)

I would use magnesium or alluminum for my shell except I do not want to create a Faraday cage around the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by spinez View Post
    sure i agree that it's my fault. i wasn't try to say otherwise although i find it very troubling that so many people have had similar issues and in the 2.5 years i had my iphone in the same pockets this never happened. i was merely asking what my options were for repair.

also, the crack hasn't gotten worse and the digitizer and amoled are still functioning 100%.

There was a user over at Droidforums that had his screen replaced....Not sure where or how much tho...

How tight was your jeans? I put mine in my front pocket a lot too. When I sit down there is no tension on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    This happened to some other guy before too. He called up HTC and they said to not put it in jean pockets. So bs on HTC.
    By "jeans" I think HTC meant "nut huggers".
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links