Cracked glass

This is a discussion on Cracked glass within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Guys, I could use some suggestions. This morning before work I was playing with my Nexus One which I received one week ago today. Everything ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cracked glass

Cracked glass

Guys, I could use some suggestions.

This morning before work I was playing with my Nexus One which I received one week ago today. Everything was beautiful and I'm really digging this phone over my iPhone 3G.

I put the phone in my jeans pocket and head to work. I sit down at my desk, pull the phone out to put it on the charger and I notice a horizontal crack near the top of the screen. This appears to be just on the outside glass. The screen is still perfectly visible and the digitizer seems completely unaffected.

I know this is probably not covered under warranty but what are my choices here? A little bit of googling gave me a few places I could send the phone in for repair but if this is something that will happen regularly, I will get it repaired and try to sell it. I had my original 3G for 1.5 years before it stopped wanting to charge. The last one I've had for roughly a year. Both had been dropped multiple times and maybe had some scratches on the screen, but nothing like this. I've babied this phone so far and if I can't keep it in my pocket, it's no good to me.

What can I differently? I have not even dropped this and there's no scratch anywhere else on the device. so sad

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This happened to some other guy before too. He called up HTC and they said to not put it in jean pockets. So bs on HTC.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is the article you are referring to I believe.
    HTC on Nexus One: 'They don't go in pockets' | Crave - CNET

I also read it earlier, it is kind of ironic that HTC says that because if you go to google.com/phone there is a demo of "how it feels" where you size it up to your hand and put it into your pocket.

Did you have any type of case on it? I have an innocase and the sock on mine while in my back pocket, working in a warehouse all day. No crack on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    This happened to some other guy before too. He called up HTC and they said to not put it in jean pockets. So bs on HTC.
    Why BS on HTC?

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Why BS on HTC?
    I think what he is trying to say is that it is a phone. How many phones have you owned where you do not put them in your pocket? He is just implying it is B.S. they would say that because that is where phones are known for going. Why would you say don't put it there.

Did you put it in the front or back pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Dog View Post
    Did you put it in the front or back pocket?
    lol! that is the question!!! ahihihihi

Quote Originally Posted by benrc10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Why BS on HTC?
    I think what he is trying to say is that it is a phone. How many phones have you owned where you do not put them in your pocket? He is just implying it is B.S. they would say that because that is where phones are known for going. Why would you say don't put it there.
    Yah thats what I mean. You shouldn't he responsible for repair fees when that happens.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hah, I never put my phone in my back pocket. It's always in my front pocket and I feel I have babied this thing since getting it. Oh well, I'll try to get the glass fixed when I return to the states next week.

Oh, I don't have any case on it but I might have to look into one. I tend to not like the extra bulk of cases and I think the phone looks really sexy as is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links