can you insure a rooted phone?

This is a discussion on can you insure a rooted phone? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Everything i've read about rooting makes the option overly tempting, but voiding the warranty is a bit unsettling for someone who will be going back ...

Thread: can you insure a rooted phone?

can you insure a rooted phone?

Everything i've read about rooting makes the option overly tempting, but voiding the warranty is a bit unsettling for someone who will be going back to school in a few months and will be broke. Soooo, i just saw the posts about insuring the N1, and wanted to know if you can insure a rooted N1. it seems like there would be no way for the insurance carrier to know and the clause covers broken and stolen phones so you wouldn't have to send anything in. If i could get some decent insurance it seems like the warranty wouldn't really be worth while anyways.

I was wondering if anyone has insured their rooted phone, that would probably push me over the edge.

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by russtnail View Post
    Everything i've read about rooting makes the option overly tempting, but voiding the warranty is a bit unsettling for someone who will be going back to school in a few months and will be broke. Soooo, i just saw the posts about insuring the N1, and wanted to know if you can insure a rooted N1. it seems like there would be no way for the insurance carrier to know and the clause covers broken and stolen phones so you wouldn't have to send anything in. If i could get some decent insurance it seems like the warranty wouldn't really be worth while anyways.

I was wondering if anyone has insured their rooted phone, that would probably push me over the edge.

Thanks
    I would have to agree with you that there wouldn't be anything to send in, and nothing to justify, so long as you pay the deductible.

Edit: Since I agree it is Fraud that those people are committing, the information I wrote could potentially be misconstrued by unscrupulous people to mean it is okay, therefore it's best if that statement is removed, so as to remove any chance of that happening. Sorry Moderators for that statement.
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    I've even heard of cases that they had a perfectly normal phone, just decided they wanted a new one, reported it stolen from their car, and got a new phone that way.
    Which is insurance fraud..Kind of frowned on here....

quiet infidel!

j.k
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    I've even heard of cases that they had a perfectly normal phone, just decided they wanted a new one, reported it stolen from their car, and got a new phone that way.
    Which is insurance fraud..Kind of frowned on here....

...or anywhere

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links