Battery life with music player

This is a discussion on Battery life with music player within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I use my phone as an audio book player while I'm at work streaming the sound over to my Bluetooth headset. I am wondering if ...

Thread: Battery life with music player

Battery life with music player

I use my phone as an audio book player while I'm at work streaming the sound over to my Bluetooth headset. I am wondering if the nexus one will have enough juice to do that for 6 hours per charge?

So, music player + bluetooth = 6+ hours of battery life?

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Guess there's only one way to find out

If not, you could always buy a $5 charger, or even the Google Doc for $45.

I don't have the phone yet. This is the only thing that's stopping me from buying it. I work outdoor, so charging and docking would not work for me. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by wormbaby View Post
    I don't have the phone yet. This is the only thing that's stopping me from buying it. I work outdoor, so charging and docking would not work for me. Please help.
    As long as you don't use Live Wallpapers or need to sync Twitter/Facebook or multiple email accounts that connect to the internet every 15 minutes you should be fine. Just "kill" the apps/services that you're not using and the battery will last all day. The music player is a low resource user as long as you're playing files that reside on the phone/SD card.

I can generally listen to 4 or 5 hours of streaming internet radio with my bluetooth headset no problem, but I'm always near a charger also, so I don't worry about battery. I think you should be ok, though. Hell, you have 2 weeks to try it out at any rate

Thanks for all the help guys. I think I'm going to order it. You think I'll get mine tomorrow if I order it now? (it's 4:09 here)

Quote Originally Posted by wormbaby View Post
    Thanks for all the help guys. I think I'm going to order it. You think I'll get mine tomorrow if I order it now? (it's 4:09 here)
    It's comming from INDIANAPOLIS, IN but the processing can take a day before shipping.

I guess I'll get my new toy on Wednesday. I can live without the Nexus One for one more day. Bye bye, Nokia N78, you have served me well, I would miss the FM Transmitter.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    A little late to the convo, but I can get 6 hours of playback just fine...just kill off all the stray apps with TasKiller or similar, launch your player, and once streaming, allow the screen to timeout/lock, pocket it, and you're golden. Enjoy!
    That's what I want to hear. Thx.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links