this is RIDICULOUS...

This is a discussion on this is RIDICULOUS... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; im new to the forum but have had my nexus one for several months now... i recently tried the speed test on AT&T edge... with ...

Thread: this is RIDICULOUS...

this is RIDICULOUS...

im new to the forum but have had my nexus one for several months now... i recently tried the speed test on AT&T edge... with poor results (8 kb/s...yes 8!). ashamed and embarrassed, i connected to a wifi signal and tried again... to only reach just over 200 kb/s download speed. WTF!?

I approached my friends (3 of which also have a nexus one) and asked them to try the speed test... they consistently downloaded over 200 kb/s on edge and up to 5 megs on wifi...

i ran the task killer, on top of deleting several apps and restarted my phone with no difference to be found in the results...

my friend was downloading over 200 kb/s on the sprint network with his hero, and averaged 4.4 megs on wifi... not cool

can anyone help???

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you use ATT then yes, I'm afraid you're stuck on EDGE. HTC is developing an N1 to support ATT's 3g frequency but. it won't be available until later in the year. Might want to consider switching to T-Mobile (as I did.)

For the price of AT&T, i wouldn't use the Nexus on it, since 3G isn't supported.

T-Mobile is much cheaper, and how they are updating their services, it will only get faster!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

im an idiot...when a friend of mine downloaded the app, he selected kb/s...not kbps (kilobytes vs kilobits, i guess)...

none the less... i reset my phone and it turns out the results were congruent to other nexus one users on ATT...

ik, ik, edge isnt quite as good, but for me ATT is sooo cheap- im paying $20 monthly... i can live with edge for now...

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    For the price of AT&T, i wouldn't use the Nexus on it, since 3G isn't supported.

T-Mobile is much cheaper, and how they are updating their services, it will only get faster!
    True. It came out cheaper for me to cancel ATT and pay the ETF for the 18 months left on my contract and get tmobile without contract, over the next 18 months. T-mobile = $55 for more minutes plus 3g. ATT= $70 for less minutes and edge. After 10 months with tmobile I would have saved $150 which is more than my ETF.

att version came out today. exchange that thing man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mach330 View Post
    att version came out today. exchange that thing man!!!
    Strange how the AT&T version just popped up without warning...
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links