Nexus One 3G For ATT - On Sale Now!

This is a discussion on Nexus One 3G For ATT - On Sale Now! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So I wanted to make sure... the Unlocked Nexus One available for AT&T CAN be compatible with Europe and Asia, correct? I know Europe uses ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One 3G For ATT - On Sale Now!

So I wanted to make sure... the Unlocked Nexus One available for AT&T CAN be compatible with Europe and Asia, correct? I know Europe uses 900 and 1800 MHz, and the US uses 850 and 1900 MHz, all of which are supported by the Unlocked Nexus One. What about the 3G though, will that work in Europe and Asia?

skim7x

the voice feature will work around the world.
    data will not. Only if your carrier in Europe uses 2100 MHz.

I think the T-mobile version will work in Europe since it has the 900 and 2100 band.

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    skim7x

the voice feature will work around the world.
    data will not. Only if your carrier in Europe uses 2100 MHz.
    What about in Asia? Does Asia (Korea and Japan, specifically) also use 2100MHz?

I don't know.

ATT does know what device you use. Each and every time you make a call or use data, your SIM and IMEI numbers are authenticated with their systems to allow you to use the network. I used to work for them for about five years in retail while they were still Cingular. The two systems they use are Telegence and OPUS, the latter being a more web based, but the core system is Telegence and it populates your equipment info every time.

Mine is in the mail should receive it tomorrow can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by FtrV8 View Post
    ATT does know what device you use. Each and every time you make a call or use data, your SIM and IMEI numbers are authenticated with their systems to allow you to use the network. I used to work for them for about five years in retail while they were still Cingular. The two systems they use are Telegence and OPUS, the latter being a more web based, but the core system is Telegence and it populates your equipment info every time.
    weird because they didn't know I had 3 different Nokia smartphones for 3 years with heavy data usage and they never changed my data plan for 10 bucks/mo, lucky me
    I switched from Symbian to Android on January 6 2010...

...then I sold my N1 to get the AT&T version but I'll wait for a qwerty solution from google or better with AT&T band support and got the Nokia E75...

lol

Nokia's are not really smartphones unless it is N900. All other use WAP. Not datahogs by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by giodelgado View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FtrV8 View Post
    weird because they didn't know I had 3 different Nokia smartphones for 3 years with heavy data usage and they never changed my data plan for 10 bucks/mo, lucky me
    The person looking has to look in the right screens. Most customer care reps don't know where to look.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links