Sorry to say this.......Considering a Desire

This is a discussion on Sorry to say this.......Considering a Desire within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by alphawave7 I would want to play with the optical tracking before jumping..I've heard it can be quite glitchy, compared to the accuracy ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorry to say this.......Considering a Desire

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I would want to play with the optical tracking before jumping..I've heard it can be quite glitchy, compared to the accuracy of a trackball. I hardly use the trackball, but when I do, it's indispensible, and needs to work as I expect.
    Well I will be able to play with it in a shop first, hee hee!

I think the "rootability" of the phone will play a large part, although I think the Nexus modders will be working hard to root this phone so it can get a "stock" SenseUI to port to the N1?

Quote Originally Posted by StuMcBill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I would want to play with the optical tracking before jumping..I've heard it can be quite glitchy, compared to the accuracy of a trackball. I hardly use the trackball, but when I do, it's indispensible, and needs to work as I expect.
    Well I will be able to play with it in a shop first, hee hee!

I think the "rootability" of the phone will play a large part, although I think the Nexus modders will be working hard to root this phone so it can get a "stock" SenseUI to port to the N1?
    Im sure someone will port Vanilla Android to the Desire. Its bound to happen.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

You can turn off SenseUI on the desire to get Stock Android 2.1.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2Amcaot1Us]YouTube - Turning an HTC Desire into a Nexus One[/ame]

Interesting...I didnt think turning something off like that would be so simple
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by madchyers View Post
    Once modaco comes out with a stable Desire ROM, I. Flashing it onto my phone. I like the look of The N1 over the desire, but I like sense ui over android vanilla, ill get the best of both worlds.
    You can turn off Sense UI on the Desire, so you can have the Vanilla Android 2.1 too.
    No reason to apologize. The only major difference is that you'll have to wait a month or two after Google releases updates to get them on your Desire.

Quote Originally Posted by rgrmatt69 View Post
    Once modaco comes out with a stable Desire ROM, I. Flashing it onto my phone. I like the look of The N1 over the desire, but I like sense ui over android vanilla, ill get the best of both worlds.
    You can turn off Sense UI on the Desire, so you can have the Vanilla Android 2.1 too.
    No reason to apologize. The only major difference is that you'll have to wait a month or two after Google releases updates to get them on your Desire.
    This is why I am hoping it gets rooted as soon as possible, so I can keep up to date with leaks and new software.

Thanks for the support, although, this is not a done deal yet, I still might be swayed to the Nexus one again!! :D

why would you want to downgrade to vanilla...thats what gets me. Sense UI has such a better interface. HTC knew what was up when they made Sense, dont get me wrong, Vanilla is still nice, but Sense UI does everything that Vanilla should do + some. just the widgets for friend stream, texting, mail, almost anything beats Vanilla.
    R.I.P.

Rooted and flashed as of March 11, 2010

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

why would you want to downgrade to vanilla...thats what gets me. Sense UI has such a better interface. HTC knew what was up when they made Sense, dont get me wrong, Vanilla is still nice, but Sense UI does everything that Vanilla should do + some. just the widgets for friend stream, texting, mail, almost anything beats Vanilla.
    Personal taste mostly...that and Sense is usually 2-3 months behind on Android updates...so while you are on 2.1...we'll be on 3.0.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

I would like to note that I had a G1 which had the trackball very similar to the N1 (the G2 had a recessed trackball, therefore some are worried about the trackball).
    For over a year and a half I had the G1 carried with me in my pocket with no case and even spilled yogurt over my phone one time, my trackball NEVER missed a beat.
    I think the trackball is very accurate and concise. The optic version is easier to navigate. I believe this to be WHY Blackberry went with this style because they don't have touchscreen and you can navigate faster.
    Also the lighting and notification on my N1 through the trackball make it REALLY one of the coolest features!
    Anyway GL on whichever phone you choose!
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links