Sorry to say this.......Considering a Desire

This is a discussion on Sorry to say this.......Considering a Desire within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I am sorry to say this guys, but I am now considering getting an HTC Desire over a Nexus One. I have a few reasons ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry to say this.......Considering a Desire

Sorry to say this.......Considering a Desire

I am sorry to say this guys, but I am now considering getting an HTC Desire over a Nexus One. I have a few reasons for this.

1. I am currently on O2-UK and the Nexus One will only be offered on Vodafone UK (at some point in the future). This would mean I would have to leave O2 and move to Vodafone when it eventually comes out. I would most likely get the Desire for free from O2, where I would have to pay to get the Nexus from Vodafone.

2. I currently have a Blackberry Bold, and over the past few months, the trackball has been playing up / randomly selecting stuff / not working. This is pushing me towards the optical trackball on the Desire.

3. Similar to point 2, I like the fact that the Desire has the "Hard" buttons, over the Nexus "Soft" touch buttons.

4. This is the only thing that is possibly swaying me. I think I will wait to see how easily the Desire can be rooted, and if current Nexus One Mods will work on it? Unless it is something regarding the Trackball, I would imagine that Nexus One mods will work on the Desire?

Sorry again guys!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

cxm
    why be sorry? They are both good phones, and almost identical. If you don't want to pay for an unlocked handset and you are staying with o2 then I guess the desire is the better phone for you. Can't comment on the trackball as I almost never use it except to edit/copy text. The soft buttons work just fine for me, so I don't really need the hard buttons.

Once modaco comes out with a stable Desire ROM, I. Flashing it onto my phone. I like the look of The N1 over the desire, but I like sense ui over android vanilla, ill get the best of both worlds.
    R.I.P.

Rooted and flashed as of March 11, 2010

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by madchyers View Post
    Once modaco comes out with a stable Desire ROM, I. Flashing it onto my phone. I like the look of The N1 over the desire, but I like sense ui over android vanilla, ill get the best of both worlds.
    You can turn off Sense UI on the Desire, so you can have the Vanilla Android 2.1 too.

Desire will have xvid/divx playing capabilities. (that means .avi files)

Nexus One has double mics (for noise cancellation)

Desire has hard keys and an optical directional sensor

Nexus One has soft keys and a track-ball

Desire is .4mm thicker and .2mm wider

Nexus One has longer talk time.

Desire has longer stand-by time.

Understandable reasons. Like was mentioned earlier, both are good phones, so you wont be missing much.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

LOL no need to apologise. Who do you think we are? Apple fanboys?
    Both Desire and N1 are very good phones. Whats the price difference though?
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

N_1
    When does it come out?
    <------Have you seen obama girl?

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    LOL no need to apologise. Who do you think we are? Apple fanboys?
    LOL! Indeed, no need to apologize. It's not as if you moved over to some random fruit, say apple or blackberry or so... and even then we'd cheer you on :D

As for your questions, I too would be interested to know how easily it can be rooted!

I do agree with you on two points, the optical trackball sounds very good, and the hardware buttons. For me though it is not enough reason to swap, my sweet lill N1 will have to perform well for the next few years before I can afford to move on
    My sigs keep getting

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I would want to play with the optical tracking before jumping..I've heard it can be quite glitchy, compared to the accuracy of a trackball. I hardly use the trackball, but when I do, it's indispensible, and needs to work as I expect.
    Yeah, the optical trackball is much better looking...I wish the N1 came with it, but Ill take the N1 as it is.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links