Changed Google Passwords

This is a discussion on Changed Google Passwords within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've changed my Google passwords, now my N1 asks me for them every time I switch it on. How can I get it to remember ...

Thread: Changed Google Passwords

Changed Google Passwords

I've changed my Google passwords, now my N1 asks me for them every time I switch it on. How can I get it to remember the new passwords?

I don't particularly want to do a factory reset as I've got it set up exactly how I want it!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

'Google passwords' for what exactly?

Google passwords for the Google accounts associated with the phone

Quote Originally Posted by !!11oneone View Post
    Google passwords for the Google accounts associated with the phone
    Try syncing your accounts...

The accounts are set to sync.

The problem is that if you change your password on the web, there is no way to change the password on the phone. And you can't remove the account and then re-add it, because the device tells you that the account is needed for key services on the phone and can't be removed.

It DOES tell you that the password is incorrect, and allows you to re-enter. But weirdly, it doesn't then save that new password permanently. If you switch off, you need to put the passwords in again.

The only way to do it is to do a factory restore. I found a back-up programme in the market, saved all my settings, restored then put everything back.

One thing that the back-up app didn't tell you is that you lose all your in-app settings. So, I'd spent ages configuring things like Handcent and Twidroid to be exactly how I wanted them, and setting up a load of podcast subscriptions which have all been lost. I got the impression from the app that this would all be kept - it wasn't. Only phone settings are saved.

It maybe an software oversight on Google's part...

I would of thought Nexus would remember your password the second time.

Sorry to read your pain also with the Handcent etc. because you had to do a factory reset.

At least it's sorted!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links