Nexus One for AT&T #G - Still Dropping 3G!!!

This is a discussion on Nexus One for AT&T #G - Still Dropping 3G!!! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Like I said, I'm willing to give it a bit of time in case there's something that can be done, either on my side or ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One for AT&T #G - Still Dropping 3G!!!

Like I said, I'm willing to give it a bit of time in case there's something that can be done, either on my side or on AT&T's side... Maybe a factory reset... Maybe I just got a dud and need an exchange. I don't know. All I know is I just put the SIM back in my Iphone to see what the signal looks like and it's max 3G all the way.

This is disappointing. I guess I'll wait till there are more early adopter reports before I decide about buying one. I get excellent 3G performance from my BlackBerry Bold 9700 and I'm not going to switch to something that can't hold on to 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by smk5867 View Post
    I've also started noticing that this new version suffers from the same exact touch screen problems as reported on the earlier version... the bottom part of the screen when in portrait mode is very unresponsive most of the time. To get the keyboard to pop up when attempting to answer a text I have to rotate to landscape. Ugh...... This piece of crap is going straight back. Sorry Google. I ain't dealing with this after spending $529.

i have the nexus on tmobile and have never even seen the text rotate landscape issue you mention

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    From the title of the thread, I thought you made a gangsta rap about the Nexus One of AT&T...and how's it's dropp'n 3G's.
    Haha, random.

att 3G

It work very good in nyc 3G service

do you have to have a different sim card maybe or a differnt data plan? on t-mobile there is a smartphone data plan and an android data plan dont know if that affects anything.

i as well have never had 3g issues and never had an unresponsive bottom screen when in portrait mode.

hope you find a solution dude!
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Well, being on T-Mobile for YEARS without 3G on anything, then switching to Verizon with blazing fast and steady 3G I am in the middle. I switched to AT&T and a 32GB 3Gs Sunday. I have to say that AT&T 3g is actually very slow compared to Verizon here in Tulsa area. I ordered my N1 at 2:45 today so we shall see what happens.

Do 2 factory resets. It should correct one or both issues. If doesn't, send it back and wait for an official word from Google.

AT&T is actually pretty nice in Vegas. iPhone users I know always get 3g. But they ain't got sh*t on my since I rooted my phone and I always get HSDPA.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My 2 cents...

Maybe they are rolling out all phones on all carriers this month, knowing of the issue, and just going to push an OTA when it's on all carriers?

Not to far off to believe. You got to think that these phones were already in production before they started getting hit with all this. I can see it being a software fix. I've seen many people with rooted phones using the leaked firmware that fixed their problems completely. Given it is leaked and a test radio at that!

So, anyone else think that just maybe they are rolling these out and than going to shoot an OTA out to all of them making everyone one big happy family?

Time will tell. Who knows... Google is a very clever company, and they are very good at what they do. So, I say give them some time, I guarantee they will take care of it.

I still have my hopes and fingers crossed that it is just software related!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links