Nexus One for AT&T #G - Still Dropping 3G!!!

This is a discussion on Nexus One for AT&T #G - Still Dropping 3G!!! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Ok, so I know I am an early adopter. The second I heard Google had released a version of the N1 w/AT&T 3G bands I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One for AT&T #G - Still Dropping 3G!!!

Nexus One for AT&T #G - Still Dropping 3G!!!

Ok, so I know I am an early adopter. The second I heard Google had released a version of the N1 w/AT&T 3G bands I ordered one. Just took delivery about two hours ago. I live in an absolutely ROCK SOLID 3G area (central Long Island, NY). With my Iphone 3GS I haven't seen an "E" on my phone in a year. Ripped open the N1, set it all up, and haven't seen a "3G" yet. Checked to make sure the "use only 2G network" wasn't checked. Checked the box, the receipt, and the back of the phone to make sure they actually sent me the right version and not the T-Mo compatible version. All is well on both counts. When I dial *#*#4636#*#* and set the phone to "WCDMA Only" I get the 3G. But when I set it back to "WCDMA Preferred"..... EDGE. I've read with great interest that this problem plagued many people who have the T-Mo version, and was really hoping that by the time the AT&T compatible version came out the problem would not exist..... but it does. I know the phone only started shipping yesterday, so I'm probably not going to find too many users out there just yet to take a poll on this, so for now I'm just giving everyone here my two cents.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

awfully dissapointing. I'm a 3gS user myself and order one an N1 yesterday, although it has yet to ship. I don't like to think that it will end up going right back to the factory.

Awfully disappointing indeed. I don't want to believe it just yet, as I've only had the thing about an hour, but I just got done putting in my Microsoft Exchange account and in the middle of syncing, while set to "WCDMA Only", it dropped the signal completely. I'm going to head out for a while and drive around to see how this thing does in areas I KNOW are full-on 3G. After that, if I see no improvement.... back she goes. Too bad. It makes me wonder.... why on EARTH would a company not only put out a product like this, but even worse, not fix it from the first version which came out months ago and has been plagued with the same problem? Do they think that people will just put up with it?

Here's a question I just thought of.... is it possible that because I just took the SIM out of my Iphone 3GS and put it in this new Nexus One without changing my data plan w/AT&T (have Enterprise Iphone Plan) that the 3G side of the phone wouldn't be working right? I know I may just be grabbing at straws but thought it was worth asking.

I always see people complaining about T-Mo coverage and saying that bigger carriers like AT&T are much better and would fix the problem but I guess that just isn't the case...

I've also started noticing that this new version suffers from the same exact touch screen problems as reported on the earlier version... the bottom part of the screen when in portrait mode is very unresponsive most of the time. To get the keyboard to pop up when attempting to answer a text I have to rotate to landscape. Ugh...... This piece of crap is going straight back. Sorry Google. I ain't dealing with this after spending $529.

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    I always see people complaining about T-Mo coverage and saying that bigger carriers like AT&T are much better and would fix the problem but I guess that just isn't the case...
    This is NOT an AT&T problem. AT&T is FANTASTIC all around me. You'd have to crawl into a 30 foot deep cement bunker to kill the signal around here. It's THE PHONE. No doubt. I've used dozens and dozens of phones..... some good, some not so good. Trust me.... it's not the carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by smk5867 View Post
    Here's a question I just thought of.... is it possible that because I just took the SIM out of my Iphone 3GS and put it in this new Nexus One without changing my data plan w/AT&T (have Enterprise Iphone Plan) that the 3G side of the phone wouldn't be working right? I know I may just be grabbing at straws but thought it was worth asking.
    This crossed my mind too. I'm not an ATT customer but I know (or heard) they have some strict restrictions in terms of how data is served to customers. It may be a case with your situation as it seems you haven't had 3G period.

Hopefully other knowledgeable ATT customers can chime in on the whole SIM/Plan deal.

I hate to rain on this post but I got mine this morning and after having and sending back a T-Mobile version, I find this phone DOES NOT have the same problem with 3g. I could hold me hand over the bottom of the t-mobile version and lose 3g every time. that is just not the case with my AT&T version. If anything I have better reception then I did with my 3GS 32 gig. I should also note that my 32 gig was not as good as my wife's 16 gig 3GS for some reason.
    Anyhow very happy with my service.

From the title of the thread, I thought you made a gangsta rap about the Nexus One of AT&T...and how's it's dropp'n 3G's.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links