What slows down my N1??

This is a discussion on What slows down my N1?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by d1mitrov Originally Posted by itzjere So does rooting automatically give you more memory? Or after flashing a ROM to be specific? i ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What slows down my N1??

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by itzjere View Post
    So does rooting automatically give you more memory? Or after flashing a ROM to be specific?
    i think its the rom, someone correct me?!
    I believe so too.. I just want to clarify because people are saying rooting rather than flashing.. unless rooting = flashing.. because there would be no other reason to root your phone. just want to confirm

yeah I believe just rooting won't get you anywhere. It's when you flash cyanogen's rom when you see the performance gains. Then you can do more stuff like overclocking and eventually (when it becomes stable) you will be able to enable JIT for crazy fast speed improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Runner View Post
    yeah I believe just rooting won't get you anywhere. It's when you flash cyanogen's rom when you see the performance gains. Then you can do more stuff like overclocking and eventually (when it becomes stable) you will be able to enable JIT for crazy fast speed improvements.

Cool, that's what I suspected. I've looked into cyanogen's rom and it is impressive in what it can provide.. Forgive the noobness and my lack of search.. what's JIT?

Cool, that's what I suspected. I've looked into cyanogen's rom and it is impressive in what it can provide.. Forgive the noobness and my lack of search.. what's JIT?
    JIT stands for Just In Time and somehow converts the code to allow for faster performance.
    Just-in-time compilation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

oh, and it was included in previous builds of the ROM but was too unstable so removed.
    http://www.greenecomputing.com/apps/...ack-by-device/
    This link shows the top speeds of some android devices. These scores are using JIT. I did this test with my overclocked N1 using the latest Cyanogen ROM and got almost 8 MFLOPS. So as you can see there is lots of room for improvement by using JIT!

Clock Cycle doesn't dictate the speed. You can have a 800mHz that outperforms a 1Ghz processor.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JIT stands for Just In Time and somehow converts the code to allow for faster performance.
    Just-in-time compilation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ah, that's really sweet. Thanks for the info.. can't wait to get my N1 tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Clock Cycle doesn't dictate the speed. You can have a 800mHz that outperforms a 1Ghz processor.
    Agreed. Many people say the iPhone feels faster than the Nexus because the way the screen transitions and the way the apps open.

Using a rom like Cyanogen greatly increases the overall device performance and speed though, and using a task killer to make sure anything memory hogs are closed helps.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Yes I know but it can obviously have an impact on speed.

The increase in memory to 512 mb as compared to 256 from the droid and various other improvements allows the N1 to outperform the droid even when the droid has it overclocked to 1.3 GHz.

Also the CPU architecture.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links