No more WiFi Problems

This is a discussion on No more WiFi Problems within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So I've been having problems with Wifi on my N1, always having to reconnect manually even when I'm sitting right next to my router. I'll ...

Thread: No more WiFi Problems

No more WiFi Problems

So I've been having problems with Wifi on my N1, always having to reconnect manually even when I'm sitting right next to my router. I'll pick up my phone, and constantly notice my wifi is disconnected, and doesn't reconnect automatically.

Someone on the official google help forums recommended using an app called 'WiFi Fix' from the market, so I did, and I haven't had any problems since.

I've seen some people mention using the DD-WRT firmware for wireless routers, but I flashed my router with Tomato. I set my router to transmit at a power level of 70, and that with the WiFi Fix App seemed to do the trick. I haven't had any dropped wifi connections, and the phone now connects automatically(and stays connected!) like it should.

Has anyone else used this, and what are your thoughts on it?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by number 9 View Post
    So I've been having problems with Wifi on my N1, always having to reconnect manually even when I'm sitting right next to my router. I'll pick up my phone, and constantly notice my wifi is disconnected, and doesn't reconnect automatically.

Someone on the official google help forums recommended using an app called 'WiFi Fix' from the market, so I did, and I haven't had any problems since.

I've seen some people mention using the DD-WRT firmware for wireless routers, but I flashed my router with Tomato. I set my router to transmit at a power level of 70, and that with the WiFi Fix App seemed to do the trick. I haven't had any dropped wifi connections, and the phone now connects automatically(and stays connected!) like it should.

Has anyone else used this, and what are your thoughts on it?
    Accord. to his changelogs, he hasn't even addressed the problem on Nexus One's yet...I doubt the stability you're seeing is due to Wifi Fixer, and is directly related to using a stable, optimised firmware on your router.
    Maybe, but I've had my router for about 3 or 4 years, and have had at least 10 computers(winxp, Vista, win7, ubuntu, laptops and desktops), a Blackberrry and an HP printer served by it. None of the other devices have had any of the problems that my Nexus One has.

I also do travel, and have plenty of saved AP's on my N1, and have seen the same problem on my phone with other routers that I can't flash.

I'll definitely have to test the performance difference on another wifi router when I get a chance, with and without the app, and see how it is.

I have to say though, cranking up the Tx power has made a very noticeable difference, and is just plain awesome.

I have same problem linksys wrt54g

I will install wifi fix and try it.

I was having the exact same problems. Connection would die for no reason and then it would never reconnect even if i tried it manually! Had to keep disabling and enabling my wifi to get it to work, which is a massive hastle. An app called 'Fix My Wifi' sorted it all out in the end. It's stupid that you have to download an app to fix your phone, but it worked.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links