So when the N1 will be available on all major carriers,

This is a discussion on So when the N1 will be available on all major carriers, within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; do you think Google will start a more traditional advertising campaign? I figure that in the beginning, they really didn't want to sell too many ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So when the N1 will be available on all major carriers,

So when the N1 will be available on all major carriers,

do you think Google will start a more traditional advertising campaign? I figure that in the beginning, they really didn't want to sell too many N1's, so they can work out the bugs before they really start to market it...like the beta testers theory. But when it's on the 4 major networks, I think we'll start seeing more traditional ads.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It is interesting to watch it all unfold. I've seen a lot of post of folks wanting to sell the T-mo version to go with AT&T. I've learned my lesson about acting too fast, I am going to wait awhile before i make a move (EDGE 100% right now)...wait on Verizon and check out their plans.

I dont think we will see any more advertising than we see today. I think Google is treating the whole N1 release as testing ground and as more of a platform to launch the N2-Nx. I think they are going to rely more on word of mouth than anything for future phones (as they do with a lot of their products).
    Bought the AT&T N1.

I would much rather Google spend the would be advertising budget on improving the product or updates...if you make a stellar product the masses will find it.

Quote Originally Posted by cbroberts2010 View Post
    I would much rather Google spend the would be advertising budget on improving the product or updates...if you make a stellar product the masses will find it.
    I agree...word of mouth can be much stronger...especially for Google. If something is good, word will get around and people will know about the Nexus series of phones.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Word of mouth is good, but does not reach all circles. There are people who have heard that Google made a "cool phone" but that's all. Techies know more but the mass audience still has limited awareness about Nexus One. Top of mind awareness still goes to the iPhone with the N1 not in the top 3. For a any product to be sucessful, their market plan has to find a balance between reach and frequency...meaning how many people an ad reaches vs how many times they see it. Now I don't know what Google's goal is with the N1, or what they view as "sucessful" but I think they are more interested in marketing Android vs any one particular phone. And now that Anroid is on all networks, it'll be interesting to see how they will market them.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

I also think google is trying to not step on the toes of the other android devices. I'm sure Motorola, Samsung, and LG are all looking at the Nexus with concern.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    I agree...word of mouth can be much stronger...especially for Google. If something is good, word will get around and people will know about the Nexus series of phones.
    How many people can you talk them into looking at Nexus one?
    One TV commercial reaches millions of people instantly. Most of people at my work have no idea what Nexus one is. They've heard of "google phone" and that's about it. One of them wants an iphone, but she wants it with verizon. I told her Nexus one is just as good as iphone if not better and she could get it with verizon shortly. She goes "nothing can be as good as iphone!" She looks at my phone and says "wow, that's nice!, still that's not an iphone." And you will find people like this lady everywhere.

I am not complaining though. I don't mind carrying a phone nobody else around me does.

True...true TV advertising would be better than word of mouth...but when it comes to spending money for Dev vs spending money for advertising, I say spend it on Dev.

And people like your lady friend will always exist...they are likely concerned with the iPhone image not what the phone itself can do. I fully believe the N1 is better than the iPhone, but when you have someone that is blind to everything around them (aside from the iPhone) nothing will convince them.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    True...true TV advertising would be better than word of mouth...but when it comes to spending money for Dev vs spending money for advertising, I say spend it on Dev.

And people like your lady friend will always exist...they are likely concerned with the iPhone image not what the phone itself can do. I fully believe the N1 is better than the iPhone, but when you have someone that is blind to everything around them (aside from the iPhone) nothing will convince them.
    And there are way too many people like that lady. It would take even more effort than what got them into thinking like that to turn them around. Apparently Google isn't interested in doing that yet and maybe they will never be...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links