About to return my N1...

This is a discussion on About to return my N1... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; ** This is not a bash, just asking for help ** I'm on day 13 of my 14 day return period and I'm getting ready ...

Thread: About to return my N1...

About to return my N1...

** This is not a bash, just asking for help **

I'm on day 13 of my 14 day return period and I'm getting ready to call for an RMA. I have spent many years on blackberry devices because of work requirements. Well I recently now have a choice! So I bought an N1.

I like the andriod OS, I like google apps, I like the physical aspects of the phone, I can live with the battery not lasting as long as I would really want. But for some reason I can't seem to adjust to a touch screen keyboard. I installed betterkeyboard, still have issue.

Is there some secret trick to training oneself to using a touch screen keyboard? I would have thought by now I would have figured it out but dang I can't type worth a crap on this thing....

Help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by testure View Post
    ** This is not a bash, just asking for help **

I'm on day 13 of my 14 day return period and I'm getting ready to call for an RMA. I have spent many years on blackberry devices because of work requirements. Well I recently now have a choice! So I bought an N1.

I like the andriod OS, I like google apps, I like the physical aspects of the phone, I can live with the battery not lasting as long as I would really want. But for some reason I can't seem to adjust to a touch screen keyboard. I installed betterkeyboard, still have issue.

Is there some secret trick to training oneself to using a touch screen keyboard? I would have thought by now I would have figured it out but dang I can't type worth a crap on this thing....

Help.
    As you have found out, its a lot different than a BB keyboard. It will take some time to adjust...some longer than others. If that is the only reason you are contemplating returning the phone for then I say give it time. Its something you can learn and adjust to. Now, if there was something about the phone that wasnt working...then I would say return it. But if its because its slower to type on...i say give it some more time.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

You may be interested in giving the Swype beta a try. Check out their Web site to get the details: Swype | Text Input for Screens

don't give it back. Get SlideIT. i've been using it and like it way bettter than Swype Beta. i think it's a more polished app from the usability perspective. completely love the keyboard now. i was worried that i would miss my physical keyboard when i switched to the nexus, but now i'm never going back. it's that good. i don't even flip the phone anymore to type. after the trial period, i bought the SlideIT. the paid version seems to be more refined and better than the trial version.

thx, i'll give one of them a try!

the keyboard mentioned are great. but I had to learn to relax and not try so hard to hit the right key and my subconscious just took over and it is easy as riding a bike. plus make sure you take advantage of the suggestions that pop up when you type the first couple letters.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links