AT&T N1.... Which data pack?

This is a discussion on AT&T N1.... Which data pack? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm using my original N1 on Edge with AT&T. Because my device isn't in their system as an AT&T phone, they can't force me to ...

Thread: AT&T N1.... Which data pack?

AT&T N1.... Which data pack?

I'm using my original N1 on Edge with AT&T. Because my device isn't in their system as an AT&T phone, they can't force me to use the 30.00 smart phone data plan.

What has happened to you guys who purchased the 3G capable version? Did they force into a smart phone package or did they let you have the cheap one? I know they are trained to give you the line about needing a more complicated data package, but that is a bull**** line given to Care reps from AT&T, because most care reps are too stupid to know any better.

Second question... Has anyone been using the orignal N1 on Edge and switched to the AT&T version? Were you able to just swap sims and have instant 3G connectivity or did you have to call care to have the IMEI updated?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I'm using my original N1 on Edge with AT&T. Because my device isn't in their system as an AT&T phone, they can't force me to use the 30.00 smart phone data plan.

What has happened to you guys who purchased the 3G capable version? Did they force into a smart phone package or did they let you have the cheap one? I know they are trained to give you the line about needing a more complicated data package, but that is a bull**** line given to Care reps from AT&T, because most care reps are too stupid to know any better.

Second question... Has anyone been using the orignal N1 on Edge and switched to the AT&T version? Were you able to just swap sims and have instant 3G connectivity or did you have to call care to have the IMEI updated?
    Pretty sure its a whole new antenna as it is operating on separate bands from the T-Mobile version. The only way to get AT&T 3G is to buy the new version that was just released.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post

Pretty sure its a whole new antenna as it is operating on separate bands from the T-Mobile version. The only way to get AT&T 3G is to buy the new version that was just released.
    I know. I'm trying to find info about THAT VERSION. Please reread the post... I am asking about the 3G version because I am considering buying one.

P.S. It is as simple as changing a very low dollar circuit board inside of the phone. HTC support is currently gathering a list of everyone that calls in inquiring about an update and daily sending the names to Google. They are trying to lobby The Big G to allow them to have a mechanism for folks to send in their phone for an update, or pay for an exchange.

Not only did you not read my post, but HTC is in the process of trying to allow us to update or exchange our phones, so your statement is inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post

I know. I'm trying to find info about THAT VERSION. Please reread the post... I am asking about the 3G version because I am considering buying one.

P.S. It is as simple as changing a very low dollar circuit board inside of the phone. HTC support is currently gathering a list of everyone that calls in inquiring about an update and daily sending the names to Google. They are trying to lobby The Big G to allow them to have a mechanism for folks to send in their phone for an update, or pay for an exchange.

Not only did you not read my post, but HTC is in the process of trying to allow us to update or exchange our phones, so your statement is inaccurate.
    Wow...calm down. Yes, I misread your post, my apology. Honestly, I dont know what I thought you wrote.

As for your original question, yes you should be able to just take out the SIM in your T-Mobile version and put it in your AT&T version and get 3G.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

I used my unlocked 3g nokias on AT&T, just tell them you want internet service on your plan for 15 or if you have a family txt plan get the 10. If you still have a cheap phone tell them that's the phone not the N1
    I switched from Symbian to Android on January 6 2010...

...then I sold my N1 to get the AT&T version but I'll wait for a qwerty solution from google or better with AT&T band support and got the Nokia E75...

lol

Quote Originally Posted by giodelgado View Post
    I used my unlocked 3g nokias on AT&T, just tell them you want internet service on your plan for 15 or if you have a family txt plan get the 10. If you still have a cheap phone tell them that's the phone not the N1
    I know what you mean, but I don't think you need to. It looks like they are only selling the unlocked version, there isn't one available with a contract. That means it's probably not officially an AT&T phone, and they can't make you go on that plan anyway.

When I called in to get reactivate the data on my plan after getting the N1, I told the lady exactly how what to put me on. She didn't believe me, I told her to do it anyway. Pulled the battery on the phone, rebooted and had Edge instantly. She was pissed, I told her how to do her job haha.

Are you serious? You called the HTC Nexus One line and they told you that? I just might wait until I get back to swap to the AT&T one. BTW, what's the number? (ok, I googled the number HTC - Nexus One Support and Repair and sent the email.)

Keep us posted.
    :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links