Would you like to update your original N1 to the AT&T version? Let them know.

This is a discussion on Would you like to update your original N1 to the AT&T version? Let them know. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Was informed by HTC Nexus One technical support yesterday that HTC is compiling a list of names that call in inquiring about an exchange or ...

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Would you like to update your original N1 to the AT&T version? Let them know.

  1. #1
    Member TheDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    86

    Would you like to update your original N1 to the AT&T version? Let them know.

    Was informed by HTC Nexus One technical support yesterday that HTC is compiling a list of names that call in inquiring about an exchange or update of their original N1. Apparently, they are being bombarded by these requests.

    So I just wanted to do my part to spread the word. Call HTC and add your name to the list.

    Post here with your opinions on this issue.

    Would you be willing to pay for an exchange or update? I, personally, would have no problem paying a restocking fee. Even if it was somethign on the level of 150$ or so. And my N1 is in perfect condition, not a single scratch after using since January 7th.

    I understand lots of poeple are going to say just sell the one you have and buy another, but at the same time, I voted with my money. And unlike most of the people here, 529.00 is a large sum of money to me. Yeah I should have waited, I know.

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Senior Member disbj4ke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    149
    I'm with Tmo and have been for around 6 years so I don't matter in this whole thing but my 2 cents.

    I think HTC is doing a good thing. I think they should exchange for people who are on AT&T. There was NO heads up letting anyone know that the Nexus would be released onto the AT&T 3G network and it just popped out of no where. I also love the fact that Apple sues HTC and then HTC jumps into Apples backyard. ANDROID all the way.
    CyanogenMod 6.0.0



    Part Monster, Part Machine, ALL ANDROID

  4. #3
    Senior Member deel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    300
    would this be only for people who bought the full price version?

  5. #4
    Member TheDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    would this be only for people who bought the full price version?
    If you terminate your contract with Tmo, you'll get hit with the Tmo and Google early termination fee anyway so even if they did, it would be really expensive.

  6. #5
    Senior Member geckocavemen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    114
    Just called HTC and the only advice they had for me was to sell the phone on Ebay. Maybe I didn't get the right cs representative or maybe I should have been a little more demanding. I bet Ebay is going to be flooded with N1's and the prices they are commanding will fall. Oh well, I knew when I bought the phone that an ATT version was coming out, no one to blame but myself.

  7. #6
    Senior Member dallasfever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    would this be only for people who bought the full price version?
    If you terminate your contract with Tmo, you'll get hit with the Tmo and Google early termination fee anyway so even if they did, it would be really expensive.
    The google ETF is up or a few days from being up for me..."120 days' I am jumping ship as soon as sprint gets it. I can care less about T mobile ETF. They don't have my credit card info.

  8. #7
    mah
    mah is offline
    Senior Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasfever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    would this be only for people who bought the full price version?
    If you terminate your contract with Tmo, you'll get hit with the Tmo and Google early termination fee anyway so even if they did, it would be really expensive.
    The google ETF is up or a few days from being up for me..."120 days' I am jumping ship as soon as sprint gets it. I can care less about T mobile ETF. They don't have my credit card info.
    Do they have your social security number? If so, your credit card is not of interest to them, but negative credit agency reporting could come back to haunt you.

    Also, what's the agreement between TMo and Google? I bought unsubsidized so I've no idea, but are you sure TMo doesn't just complain to Google, and Google then charges your Google Checkout account?

  9. #8
    Senior Member Roxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by geckocavemen View Post
    Just called HTC and the only advice they had for me was to sell the phone on Ebay. Maybe I didn't get the right cs representative or maybe I should have been a little more demanding. I bet Ebay is going to be flooded with N1's and the prices they are commanding will fall. Oh well, I knew when I bought the phone that an ATT version was coming out, no one to blame but myself.
    You can also try selling your nexus one on craigslist. That's what I did. I sold it for $500 without any problem today.

    Now I'm just waiting for my AT&T nexus one to arrive!



    [ Cyanogen 5.0.5.6 | OC'ed to 1.113GHz | Amon RA v1.70 | Build EPE54B| Desire Camera R2 | NexTHEME 2.0 Final & Goodies5 R2 ]


  10. #9
    Junior Member bldbth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6
    @thedude what HTC number did you use to call?

    lol, when I called the Rep had no idea what I was talking about. he actually said the best solution was to put it online and sell it for as much as possible in hopes of getting the at&t version.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum