Startup and switch off tones

This is a discussion on Startup and switch off tones within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Good to know, thanks for that info....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Startup and switch off tones

Good to know,

thanks for that info.

Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post
    Is it possibly the "SD Card Notification" tone? I turned mine off and it doesn't make the loud-ass beep sound anymore at startup/shutdown.

Go into settings, sound & display, and uncheck it...it's the last option before the display settings submenu.
    oh awesome!! yeah maybe its that, im going to try it out. thanks!!!

no problem...let us know if that fixes it or if it was just my imagination!

no problem...let us know if that fixes it or if it was just my imagination!
    definitely works! Just restarted my phone, and it made no sounds powering down OR coming back on! Thanks!

i like the sound, i just changed it to something cooler and not as annoying lol
    Rooted Nexus One
    Amon_RA-nexus-v2.0.0
    32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08 Korean Radio
    Wildmonk's 2.6.35.9_SVS-950mV_CFS_AXI_720p_1152MHz_120210
    MIUI ROM 0.11.26
    SWG V1.2 Theme

Follow Me On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SubyWill View Post
    i like the sound, i just changed it to something cooler and not as annoying lol
    i have no probelm with the sound... i just need it to be more quiet and follow the volume of the device. it decides to be loud and obnoxious when im in class sometimes even if my phone volume is down lol

I think part of the issue for me was that I was using a custom notification tone that is on the SD card. I'm thinking that because the card is not yet mounted at startup or is dismounted at shutdown, rather than playing the inaccessible custom tone it reverts to some default system tone and that sound is really loud and obnoxious. It does the same thing when my card is mounted to my pc and I get a notification, but I can live with that...

I think part of the issue for me was that I was using a custom notification tone that is on the SD card. I'm thinking that because the card is not yet mounted at startup or is dismounted at shutdown, rather than playing the inaccessible custom tone it reverts to some default system tone and that sound is really loud and obnoxious. It does the same thing when my card is mounted to my pc and I get a notification, but I can live with that...
    yep it makes the noise when i plug it into my system via usb too... i dont really care weather it does not play then either... i can see that visually on the phone anyway

Is it possibly the "SD Card Notification" tone? I turned mine off and it doesn't make the loud-ass beep sound anymore at startup/shutdown.

Go into settings, sound & display, and uncheck it...it's the last option before the display settings submenu.
    Thanks, worked for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links