verizon nexus one

This is a discussion on verizon nexus one within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; anyone know if ill be able to use my upgrade on a nexus one? im in a family plan with verizon...

Thread: verizon nexus one

verizon nexus one

anyone know if ill be able to use my upgrade on a nexus one? im in a family plan with verizon

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If I were you I would remove myself from the family plan in anticipation for this.
    Because Google is NOT on these carriers computer systems, they can only get so much information. Meaning you need to either be on your own plan or you need to be the primary on your family plan.
    I have yet to decide if my wife and I should join our t-mobile accounts even though I think its $20 a month or so....
    This is currently the way it looks for t-mobile, and its probably going to be the same for other networks, but you won't know until they launch.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

what if the account has multiple upgrades on that date, including the primary line? will we be able to order 2 phones?

Verizon on the phone told me he doesn't anticipate there being ANY problems adding this phone to a family plan and that they will just treat it as any of their other 3g smartphones with upgrade eligibility and plans. hopefully he's correct.

What Im saying is that (on T-mobile) it doesn't matter if every family member is eligible for upgrade, it is that Google cannot cannot access that information and there is only able to give a discount to the main line on the account.
    Unfortuanetly calling Verizon and speaking to someone may not help you, as they don't see a problem, but it is NOT Verizon doing this upgrade for you it is Google. I can only speak for how things are now.
    You have 2 options.
    1. Assume Verizon will be like T-mobile (again it is not the carriers fault is it how Google is selling the phone, is that good or bad, doesn't matter it is what it is) and get your own account to get the phone on launch day
    2. Wait to see how this upgrade is handled by Verizon and act accordingly

Either way you will love the phone!
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links