Problem saving contacts :(

This is a discussion on Problem saving contacts :( within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey guys... So I use my Nexus One without a data plan. And I have my contacts syncing with Google Contacts. But when I am ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem saving contacts :(

Problem saving contacts :(

Hey guys...
    So I use my Nexus One without a data plan. And I have my contacts syncing with Google Contacts. But when I am not in range of a wifi connection or anything, and I add a contact, it says it saved etc but the damn contact disappears!!!! This is bull****! How is it possible that I can't save a contact unless im connected to the internet??? I mean I should at least be able to save it on then phone and whenever I connect to the internet, it can sync it to Google Contacts, but not saving it at all is ridiculous! Anyone have a fix for this? Anyone else with this problem maybe?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

On your Contacts tab, Menu > display options > touch your primary account...

Make sure as well as 'System Groups: My Contacts' is checked, also see if 'All Other Contacts' is checked.

If not; enable and see if that fixes your issue.

I've had this problem MANY times. My campus is pretty much a deadzone, and when I will meet a friend and add their number to my phone, it won't be there until it syncs with Google databases.

BUT if you search for the persons first name, it WILL show up. A bit strange.....
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

thanks for the suggestions ill give it a try and see if it works... i doubt it though, because when i got home and synced with google contacts it should have at least shown up then right? thats when it actually disappeared i think...

A

Also, make sure it's not automatically combining the information with another contact. I thought I had the same problem until I noticed the new contact information inside another contact.

Basically, I was trying to add contacts for companies, and what was happening was that the contact was being added to the first user that had the same company name.

Also, I saw somebody who said they were only putting in their contacts' first names and this was causing problems. Put in their last name, too

Actually im very OCD with my contacts and everything in there is entered perfectly. The contact names are all perfect with capitals and last names and everything lol. I tried this again today. So i checked ALL options under my display contacts. All the groups... Everything. And I was in the gym with a friend and I got someones phone number. I did not have a data connection at the point. No wifi or anything. I entered the contact info in, hit save, it said that everything was fine and that it saved. I then go check my contacts, and guess what. Not there.
    I then come home, get onto my wifi network, do the same process again. I check contacts. Contact is there. All works great. So wtf? Thats so not cool me being able to add contacts only when I'm connected to the internet.

Question & Suggestion....

The contacts that you've entered and have disappeared, if you do a search on your contacts tag does it show?

If yes, go to your Contacts tab > display options > touch your account > check all boxes 'under' your gmail account > press done and check again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Question & Suggestion....

The contacts that you've entered and have disappeared, if you do a search on your contacts tag does it show?

If yes, go to your Contacts tab > display options > touch your account > check all boxes 'under' your gmail account > press done and check again.
    nope did a search in contacts, was not there. tried typing it into to the box while creating a new text message. not there.

and yes i did check all the tabs under the gmail account. i hit the display options --> gmail thing, and under it were things like system group : my contacts, system group : friends etc etc... checked everything i could see and more. nothing works. contacts still disappear with no explanation. but still works fine when im connected to the internet

The last two options I can think of...

1) Remove battery for 3mins, then reinstall and power up and check.

2) Factory reset... backup everything if you go this route.

ill try the battery thing... though i doubt that will help... if its just so my phone restarts, ive had this problem since the beginning and ive shut off my phone many time before.

i would have to have to do a damn factory reset... sigh...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links