Which gmail account to use?

This is a discussion on Which gmail account to use? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Sorry about the newbie question but I'm new both to the N1 and Android. I'm excited about getting my new phone which is on it's ...

Thread: Which gmail account to use?

Which gmail account to use?

Sorry about the newbie question but I'm new both to the N1 and Android.

I'm excited about getting my new phone which is on it's way but I'm not sure on how to best set it up when I first get it. I into Gmail big time: all of my personal mail comes through my personal gmail account which I've had since the initial beta in 2004. But I also have a work google apps gmail account and it's going to be important that I can sync my work contacts and calendar.

I ready somewhere about problems people have with syncing calendars from a secondary account but maybe that was limited to Exchange.

Can any expert recommend which gmail account I should use when first activating the phone? My personal gmail account isn't going anywhere so that would be the one for me to buy apps through. Yet, it's essential that I can sync my work calendar and contacts.

Hopefully it's not too dumb of a question but should I use my personal gmail or my work google apps gmail? Or does it matter - maybe I'm not understanding how this thing is tied to your gmail accounts as I'm a noob.

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I am using both the standard gmail and also the google apps gmail and have had no problems getting both pushed to my Nexus One.

I recommend your personal account for several reasons. The App Market sync to your initial first account, that mean every time you reset to factory default or buy a different phone with Android OS it will sync your apps, contacts, calendar, gmail, Google Checkout etc. Second you can add more account to sync with once your OS is up and running just go to setting , Account and Sync, Add Account. Third you cannot delete your initial account, you can delete any account except your initial account, if you set your work account as your initial account and for whatever reason want to remove your work account you will have to reset to default and potentially lose some services.

Good points. Thanks! That logic makes sense, and as long as I can still get my work contacts & calendar, I'll be in great shape.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I am using both the standard gmail and also the google apps gmail and have had no problems getting both pushed to my Nexus One.
    H'mmm, my Google apps account only allows me to synchronize Gmail and contacts but not calendar?

Can you only sync the calendar for the initial Google account you use? Which in this case would be my normal non-apps account?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links